A cold luthor and a stubborn Danvers.

"Miss Luthor?" Eve stands in the doorway to the office "Mr Danvers is here to see you and he would really like to -."

"No." Lena doesn't look up from her computer but hits down the enter button finalising her hand over to Cat Grant. Cat Grant was now officially back in charge from where she was sat taking some pressure of the young Luthor.

But Eve doesn't take that for an answer and lingered in the doorway. "Miss Luthor, Mr Danvers—"

"What part of no confused your little brain Eve?" Lena spits as she glared over to the open door.

With a single nod, Eve goes to leave but you push past her anyway. "Thanks, Eve right?" You pointed out with a smile.

"I'm sorr-." Eve tries her eyes pleading over to the Luthor to not rip her head off.

"Leave it! What can I do for you Mr Danvers?" Eve scurries away leaving the door to swing shut. Both you and Lena watching one another.

Lena's eyes burn but She rises and makes her way to the bar, and completely drains a glass of whiskey. You offer her a moment to compose herself as she winkles out her black tucked shirt.

"Lena." You offer up a small smile as you watch your friend return to the seat behind the desk, her eyes meet yours and you nervously readjust your glasses. "I came to uh..."

Leaning back, Lena's gaze doesn't leave your own and you were stuck in a staring match as she spits out a small no in response to your trailing thought.

"No?" You furrow your brow. "You can't be angry at Kara, I know you're her best friend but it's not only her secret."

"So you lied to me too" Lena says acidicly pointing out the truth how matter how hard it was for her head to get around it.

You wince at her tone. "I didn't mean it like that" you sigh taking a seat across from her. "Look, Lena—"

Lena narrows her brows. "Mr Danvers, I have a busy schedule" she points out.

You crosses your arms you weren't going anywhere not until she heard you out. "Lena please, just listen-."

"I grew up in a household of liars, Y/n . I grew with people around whom you were afraid to leave the room for fear of what they'd say behind your back because it sure as shit wasn't the same thing they were saying to your face. I thought Kara was different. I trusted her. She destroyed that." Lenas eyes threaten to water but she sniffed avoiding looking your way.

Palms on the desk and yourweight shifting heavily, You allow everything that you are feeling to show on your face even if it was an apologetic smile. "You love her." You pointed out that causes her to shuffle uncomfortably where she's sat, her eyes met your again but this time it was filled to the brim with vulnerability.

Lena clears her throat composing herself. "But I don't trust her." She pointed out.

You huffed this was harder than you thought. "Lena you don't understand." You offered but it goes over her head.

"Tell me Mr Danvers what don't I understand?"

"You two love each other Lena. I saw it plainly when you two are in a room. I know you see that too. Kara has believed in you since the moment she met you even when no one else did. I had to admit when Alex told me about the luthors I was wary about you too but the way you look at each other I know you would never want to harm her so don't do that now. I've never seen her fight for anyone like she fights for you and now I fear my sister has lost that battle. Superhero 101 is not to tell anyone your identity and it's not because she couldn't trust you but because she cares about you to much that she wouldn't want you in danger." You explained honestly pouring out your heart just for her to listen. This was your last chance and you weren't going without a fight.

"What about you, huh?" Lena spat steering away quickly before her tears fell.

"What about me?"

Lena chuckled dryly her own throat threatening to close on itself. "Do you lie to women that you date, or do you lead with 'Mr Danvers, assistant to Cat Grant.'" She mocked but it seems to strike a cord.

"That's not the point, Lena. We're not talking about me here!" Your tone harsher than intended which was a sudden change from your original plan. To calmly explain to Lena about the pain inflicted on Kara.

"Get out."

"Just let me—"

"Get. Out." She's pointing at the door, jumping up onto her feet with a look of anger and determination.

You surrender throwing your hands up. "I'm leaving." But you back away slowly you weren't done just yet. "She really does love you, labels or not but Lena luthor don't break my sisters heart more than it already is."

As she pours herself a whiskey she takes a moment to reconsider your words but takes a long swing of her drink drowning her own pride. She felt guilty now wether or not that was something she wanted to admit to herself.

You let yourself out passing by Eve who's biting her lip nervously, ready for the Luthor to scream at her for letting you in but the door just swings shut. "Thank you Eve. Just can you make sure she looks after herself" you smiled softly, Lena wasn't one to ask for help but as a friend you knew someone had to be strong when she was down.

Eve unhooked her teeth from her lip and smiled weakly. "Of course thank you Mr Danvers."

"Hey call me y/n. Anyway I have to go"