Heartbreak central

Lena scans the room, empty but someone's been here. The alarm dies out and she spins to spot the superhero she was looking for. You eyes seem to burn for a moment as she throws her words out to stop you. "Hey y/n!"

"Not now Lena I'm busy" you huff walking right past her, your cape following quickly behind. You didn't know what came over you but it wasnt the time for Lena Luthor of all people to start pushing buttons.

"I heard, is Kara okay?" The question makes you stop in your tracks and laugh, well scoff at her.

"Oh yeah she's brilliant." You exclaimed spinning on your heel to face her placing your hands on your hips.

Lena steps back for a moment confused to your rage placed against her. "I'm sensing she's not." Lena trails out, her face morphing until it's settled on her disturbed thoughts. Kara could die and Lena had royally fucked up, if only she was brave enough to face her feelings, brave enough to step up to what the girl had offered her. Her love, isn't that all Lena wanted?

"Really. Wow Lena that so insightful." You rolled your eyes looking carefully at the CEO. Her eyes barely awake, bags below them, bloodshot. Her cheeks covered by makeup but still puffy. She wasn't sporting her normal attire but now she was baggy, her frame hardly holding onto the oversized college shirt.

"Why are you being like this?" Lena almost whispered as you picked up your bowstaff giving it a quick spin.

"Oh I don't know, it takes kara to lay in her deathbed for you to come crawling back" you point the weapons directly at her although you knew that it hadn't phased the Luthor.

"That's not it." Lena pleaded.

"Isn't it. What you don't trust us? I think the only people we shouldn't be trusting is a Luthor like yourself." You spat placing the bow staff securely under your cape.

Lena seems taken away by the statement in all her time knowing her, you had always understood that Lena was nothing like her family like you were nothing like yours "..."

You put a hand out to dismiss her. "Save it! I'm busy"

Cat hoovers by her door watching the poor Luthor in confusion. "Lena. What was that about?" Cats face matches disgust as her eyes trail the mess stood before her. Lena gulps edging to breaking down there.

"Nothing." Lena struggles to stay sane and shoves her feelings way down something she was accustomed to. "You don't look so good" Lena switched the conversation before Cat could press on.

Cat opens her door and lets the poor woman step in behind her. "Reign was here, it's got him all riled up." Cat explained looking over to the small smoke cloud collecting around her desk. She mentally noted to get someone in.

"Noted but it's too late now." Lena huffed settling down on the sofa. Cat however strutted over to her whiskey and poured them both a glass before offering it to the brunette who took it happily downing it with a swing.

"He's going to do something stupid." Cat mumbled sipping at her own glass and settled down beside the Luthor.

"What makes you say that?" Lena asks with a raised brow as she places the glass down on the table to turn to the reporter.

Cat frowns slightly scared that her own facial expression would further disturb the broken woman. "Karas in a coma. I suppose you know that she's supergirl you two are awfully close."

"Yeah something like that." Lena offered, although it was the first she had heard about Karas condition no one had said a thing and that why she was hunting down the one who knew everything just to have her mistake thrown back in her face.