Secrets don't last 

You're sat in Ca- Lenas office. James had invited himself into the office without a word between you or Lena who's running through the week schedule. You look up to James from the sofa as Lena sits at her desk annoyed that she has been interrupted by the man. "Ms. Luthor, um, you approved an advertorial on page six."

Lena drops her hands from her keyboard. "Is there a question coming?" She said leaning back into the comfort of her chair.

"Well, I..." he notices you arching a brow amused by his uninvited presence and clears his throat. "I just wish you would have told me first."

Lena raised a brow but swirls from her chair. "I didn't know ads were in your purview, Mr. Olsen."

His stutter doesn't remove itself from conversation. "Well, they're... they're not in my purview. It's... it's not a big deal, it's just that if we're gonna disguise ads as articles I think that it sends a bad message. People wanna know what they're getting, you know? They expect integrity from us." James explained as Lena rests against the desk without much thought to the photographer revealing insight.

"Excuse me?" She questions almost amused that he had the balls to question her reasoning.

You stayed quiet but it you had to admit you was loving the fight for Alfa dog. "That's the deep discount on our print subscription rate. %. That's what it takes just to get people to read. So I think an advertorial here and there is a necessary evil."

Lena seems to pick up that her fixed conversation with James had an onlooker and looked to you for a solution. "What would you do?"

You seem to choke on your own spit turning on your spot, hoping that someone was peering over your shoulder but you were wrong. Lena Luthor was looking at you expecting some sort of advice on how she should run this empire. You point a finger at your chest "Me? I'm just the assistant Lena. My opinion doesn't matter." You shrugged off.

Lena lets out a small chuckle. "You worked with Cat Grant, that makes you valuable to CatCo."

"Well I mean- I- CHUCKLES - I think that the best plan of action is to give the readers what they want?" You explained but your nervousness made it seem more like a question although luckily for you Lena looks in thought and lets out a smile.

Kara knocks on the door and walks in anyway without the need to check lena. James swirls around her and take the exit which Kara follows in confusion. "Everything okay?"

Lena lets out a small "Yeah."

"Absolutely." You smile collecting your things from the small coffee table.

Kara clears her throat "Good.
Just ready for a lunch date I mean lunch." Kara blushes at her own stumble but Lena was busy rummaging through her desk, her face covered by the thick wood but for a cheeky insight the woman was smiling cheek to cheek at the slip that had left Karas lips.

"Good save." You whispered softly over to Kara.

"Well let's go." Lena smiles her head popping back from the drawers.

"Have fun. Not too much fun" you whispered passing Karas side and taking leave to go to your desk where James had taken it as his own.

"You think they realise that their both in love with one another." James said watching them both walk over to the elevator, Lena stealing glances at Kara the whole journey to which Kara bites her lips.

"Not for a second, James."

——

"How was lunch with Kara?" You asks not bothering to knock on the already open door. Not surprised that Lena was still working hard.