Sick day

You took the weekend off but when it came to Monday morning it was very obvious of your condition.

So at CatCo Ms Grant steps off her private elevator and finds your desk empty and her usual latte missing. She looks around in confusion at your absence but her phone rings, she takes it up to her ear, taking her sun glasses of in the process. "Yes," she says, knowing without a glance who it is, you were the only one missing so she had her suspicion.

"Cat," a concerned furrow of her brow follows the raspy sentences that you try to breathe out but your words only shrink as you continue to speak out over the phone. "I can't -" you cough loudly causing Cat to hold the phone away from her ear at arm distance as she waits by your desk. "I can't come in today." You fall into a coughing fit "I think I've got the flu?" You explained although your had never experienced such pain in your life.

You expected Cat to shout at your absence or at least just say okay and place the phone down but she didn't. "Do you have soup? Or water? Something that'll help keep your strength up?" Cat asks instantly not failing to surprise you at her concern.

"Not really," You groan picking yourself up from your bed and flinging a soft blanket across your back, making your way into the living room. "Kara wanted to stay home but I convinced her to come to work." You explained your situation as you looked around the empty apartment.

"I thought you never got sick?" Cat asks, suddenly remembering who she was talking to.

You chuckle weakly. "Umm, I usually don't"

"What happened, y/n? Was it the krytonite?" Cat questions, lowering her voice remembering that she was outside her office and in public.

"I think so, this has never happened but Alex said I might just have a higher intolerance to the krytonite and some how in the process picked up a superflu?"

Cat face morphs into a deeply worried expression. "Okay listen to me get some water, and then go back to bed and sleep it off or until your strength comes back"

You give another groan once more before replying the her orders. "Okay. Thanks Ms Grant."

But soon as you end the call, Cat moves from your desk and toward James' office, "James," she says, pulling his attention away from the layout he's working on, a stream of Supergirl printed all over it "there's a family emergency I have to take care of. You're in charge. There's a meeting, it's noted in y/ns notes so call them and tell them that I'll be back in tomorrow or the next day at the latest." She explains tapping her sunglasses against her lip in thought "I'll do as much work as I can from home"

James nods, his own pride covering up his urge to ask any questions so he lets out, "I hope everything is okay."

Cat nods, "Everything will be fine," and with that she leaves without any more information on her departure.

She falls concerned once more creasing her brow as she makes her way back to her elevator, pressing the ground floor button to make it to her parked car.

Cat finds your door unlocked, taking the chance that Kara had left it unlocked on her way out this morning. She suddenly Stops in the doorway, a wave of doubt hitting her. She had only knew you for a couple of days and now she was on her way to look after you, she was sure this would look weird.

She decides that she should just leave but seeing you curled up into a tight ball in the center of the sofa buried in a pile of yours and Karas blankets she smiles deciding to stay.

Cat admires the cooped up apartment that you shared with your sister and walked closer towards you, kneeling down to your level and moving the sweaty hair from your fevered forehead.
"Y/n" she says quietly, "Hey y/n, wake up."

Slowly You came around feeling a hand running through you hair. And damn did it feel nice, you peeled you eyes open to see you boss looking straight at you. "Mmm.. Cat?" You ask jolting up into a seated position on the sofa only to make you head spin. You groan squeezing you eyes shut then open them again "Cat, what are you doing here? I mean in my apartment, you should be at work" you explain looking straight at Cat who's wearing a unknown expression.

"I thought Id bring you some soup and medicine" she explains sitting beside you causing you to flinch at the lack of space between the two of you.

She reaches out as you frown your brows together and places the back of her hand against your forehead. "You're burning up you need to take some medicine"

"That's really nice of you Ms Grant but human medicine doesn't work on me" you whisper finding it harder to speak without a coughing fit.

"Well soup it is" Cat says quietly, before reaching down to her bag placed on the floor and pulls out a container of hot soup. She lifts the soup out and places between your legs and passes you the spoon.

You take it and level out some of the soup and drank it slowly letting the hot liquid run down your very sore and tight oesophagus. Releasing that tightness and warming you up.

You continue to eat the soup in complete silence the only noise being the slurping and the whistle of your nose. When you had enough cat collected the container and threw it away.

Cat sits back down or you in silence but your voice draws her attention back down to you as you rest your head back against the sofa. "Cat."

"Yes?"

"Thank you" you whisper drawing your eyes shut as fatigue washes over you.

As you continue to fall back to sleep, Cat pulls out her laptop to sign into her emails and starts to work, filling out important documents but she suddenly stops at the weight on her shoulder. Your head resting against the woman, you were unaware so stayed put making the older woman tense up at the sudden contact and let's out a sigh turning back to her important work.

It seemed like forever on Cats part, she had replied to her emails, wrote another piece that would go out tomorrow morning and arranged meetings for the rest of the week until the door finally swung open and Kara wondered in, a tower of medicine and food items blocking her view as she placed them down carefully against the kitchen side. "Hey I'm home" she turned around holding out a potsticker "CAT?" She screamed dropping the food item in shock, seeing her boss on her sofa with her brother nestled up beside her.

Cat smiled weakly, blushing slightly as you stirred awake turning in to cats embrace, resting your head on her collarbone. "Hey ker-rah" your head was drumming and your throat still dry.

"What are you doing here? Wait have you been here all day?" Kara asked ignoring the miss pronunciation of her name.

"Yes"cat replied nervously

Kara seems to think for a moment and observes the sight of you in your boss embrace. "I'm not even going to ask at this point" she mumbles under her breath giving up.

You opened your eyes only to find yourself looking down to a pair of.. you know not important but the fact was they definitely weren't yours. You threaded your brows together sitting up to see that you must have fell asleep on Cat. "Oh hey guys" you mumbled nervously watching the weird situation that was your sister and boss.

Cat clears her throat and stands up taking her laptop with her. "I should go, y/n take all the time you need" she takes the handle quickly ready to leave you both.

"Hey cat.. thank you" you call out stopping her for a moment. Your voice being course but still seem to reach the woman.

"It's no problem" she smiled weakly finally closing the door behind her.

You watched the door for a moment smiling at the woman's actions. "Okay so you can still tell me nothings going on with you and cat?" Kara asked plopping herself down beside you just where cat had been sat.

You cleared your sore throat snapping your eyes from the shut door back to your sister who was now blocking your view. "Nothing is going on, she brought be soup." You explained your voice playing dirty on you as it strains.

"Suuuree" Kara dragged on failing to hide the wide smile on her face as she continued to tease you.

"Shut it Kara, now did you get the ice cream I like?" You asked wrapping another blanket around you and nestling back into the comfort of the sofa.