Proffesionals

Winn waltzes in from his lunch break with a hangover, covering his delicate eyes with a pair of dark sunglasses before swinging his chair over to your desk in a slump. He misses his mark and connects with your desk with a small shake making you look towards him with a small growl. "So what happened between you and Superman?" He asks without even a greeting.

"Nothing." You grumbled looking through the paperwork on your desk but you didn't bother reading the small print but more to make him go away.

"It just seems like..."

"This conversation is over!" You snapped watching him take his sunglasses off with a frown pushing himself lightly from your desk. You take a deep sigh. "Sorry."

With your hearing you see Kara bumping into Cat who she expects to scream at her. "Oops! So sorry, that was totally my fault." She explained genuinely.

And Cat walks off with a word which is unatural for her, her actions got people thinking that something was up. Alex had blessed you with the idea that she had an alien parasite when she came in earlier and accidentally took Cats coffee to which the woman said "I hope you enjoy it"

Winn snaps his focus back to you having seen the encounter with a raised brow. "Did Ms. Grant seem a little off to you?"

"What because of 'Clark Kent'?" You scoffed having seen him walk in with Kara earlier to introduce the two. You kept your eyes glued to him the whole time, wAnting to zap his stupid grin from his face.

"No weirdly she wasn't that all interested in him, but she's been acting funny" he revealed but it was true the whole time he was in there she didn't swoon over him or flirt unapologetically but instead looked bored taking sneaky looks at her assistant who had yet to mention the kiss last night.

"Well he's not all that special." You snapped now hitting the keys harder finishing up the email Cat wanted sent out to the office, something about a free day.

"Hey can't you just" Kara added struggling with her words having heard the heated conversation between you and Winn.

You snapped your head up at her presence and scoffed. "Just what pretend that the last 12 years haven't happened. Sure" you rolled your eyes at such a suggestion.

Kara huffs and turns around obviously not getting her desired response. "Y/n. Fine I'll be with Karl-El when you wanna talk like adults."

Kara walks away and Winn pushes him self from your desk hard enough that he returns to his own to down another bottle of water and a couple painkillers.
"Mr Danvers?" Cat asks making your eyes wonder up to the woman hanging out by her office door with no emotion just a straight face.

"Yes, Ms. Grant?" You asked unsure why she was here, was she going to ask about last night? The thought made you nervous but you straightened up forcing confidence against the coldness of her stare.

"Do you want to explain why an email went out in capslock with a sign off saying 'Superman sucks?!" She asks making you thread your brows together seeing the email pop up for your own viewing and sure enough she was right.

You darted your eyes back at the woman who was waiting patiently by your desk expecting you to admit your faults but instead you give her a goofy smile. "I can explain?" You said more of a question that didn't fail to make her smile.

She lets out a small cough to cover her smile before replacing it with her cold look. "You better, office now?" She sounded pissed, so you racked your Brain for any reason why she would be, the only thought being the Kiss. Did she mean it? Or worse did she hate it?

"Cat I'm so sorry." You exclaimed shutting the glass door behind you to give you both some privacy from the other workers.

She sits down at her desk, resting her hands out in front of her as she crosses her legs. One over the other. "Oh the email yeah don't worry about it" she smiled picking up her glasses and putting them on focusing on her blank screen.

"But?" You asked expecting more from her but she didn't seem to be giving you a lot especially after sounding mad at you.

She lets out a small chuckle focusing on your nervous expression. "Can't be seen being nice to my workers now tell me what's wrong, is it Clark or superman for that matter?" She asks straight out, not bothering to sugarcoat her question even if it was one you didn't want to talk about but there was a flaw in her statement. She had been overly nice with everyone but you, Alex, Kara even James and you had no idea why she was doing it.

You sighed sliding the chair out from across her and taking a seat. If you had to answer such a loaded question you wanted to be comfortable. "I just don't understand why Kara invited him to something so special for her to give to me."

"I gathered she did, that girl can be how should I say, clueless? Oblivious is better." She questions aloud, she wasn't wrong Kara didn't see what others could, one of her greatest weaknesses other than kryptonite that was.

Cat seems out of it sightly as she spins her glasses with the pad of her thumb and her fingers seeming to be somewhere else as she stares at you longingly. "Yeah, well he hmm showed up and I couldn't stay there not after well you know.. aha.. the balcony but Karas acting like he's in the right, like he didn't just dump her on some strangers doorstep." You seem to make yourself uncomfortable referring to the events of last night but even the mention didn't receive you any thing from the older woman.

"As much as I hate to say it maybe he was right to" she answers making you raise your brow as you process her words.

You lean forward hoping that your ears had been playing tricks on you even if they were super but having Ms Grant of all people tell you, you were on the wrong. That shit hurt. "Excuse me, you can't be serious?"

Cat sighs the desk clattering at the weigh of her glasses as she rises to her feet and walks around the desk. "He came here to save this planet right? He couldn't spend his time babysitting his cousin, maybe he thought he was doing the right thing letting her have the childhood she never got back on krypton." Once she finished you only realised that she was leaning against the desk a few inches from where you were sitting, enough room for you to launch forward and catch her lips... but you didn't, instead you stayed put thinking about her reasoning.

"I hate that you're smart." You chuckled getting up from the chair but you unconsciously came from her side, brushing past her, her body closer to yours as you awkwardly moved backwards towards the open space of the room.

"I'm a lot of things dear." She grinned lightly a blush appearing on her face.

You clear your throat awkwardly. "Thanks, well for everything." You tired excusing yourself but cat calls out for you.

"You're very welcome y/n but I am going to need you to send another email out." She explained lifting her from her desk and watching you hoover your hand over the handle.

"On it" you snapped quickly swinging the door open before your face became red.