Kiss

"Ah, Capt- Y/n. How nice of you to drop in." It's a lovely night, and by the looks of it Cat had been enjoying the solitude of her balcony rather in the company of the others, the party you were so quick to leave. She brings the small glass of fine scotch to her lips creating warmth throughout her body as a small breeze floats by but her eyes never do meet you.

"Well, you didn't come to the party. Parties are overrated anyway. Could I could join you?" Cat had become so good at reading you now that she knew there was more to your words, deeper down there was something else rattling around in your head.

"Should I pour you a glass?" She has a feeling like the drink wouldn't affect you much but doesn't stop her from offering.

"I don't drink, Miss Grant," you explained in an unexpected refusal but you didn't want to admit that you had already been under the spell of the alien drink that Alex had graced you with. Your tone being much more awkward than Cat's used to hearing from the hero or even yourself.

Taking another sip of her scotch, Cat studies you carefully, noticing the difference in your mood as you stare out to the city unaware at the woman's lingering gaze. "What's wrong?" She asks leaving her eyes on you as you deepen your sigh turning to your side to address the woman.

"Miss Grant-" You start, sure enough she knows what your about to say and she isn't having any lying from your side.

"Cat. No matter how much you deny it you're not okay and again I'm not interested in keeping this formality between us any longer." She smiles letting the glass stand alone on the balcony wall indicating that she had no need of the alcohol anymore.

"Why you wanna know?" You asked plainly not expecting the woman to move closer, her hand lingering closer to your rested hand against the railing, they weren't touching but you could already feel the heat radiating your skin, burning itself up to your core where your stomach flips.

"Investigations are what I do," cat explains blandly but you couldn't tell that her mind was racing about the small gap between you both as she tries to think of her words. "Knowledge is a great power, and I have to keep up with you somehow, even when your physically so close." She whispers starting to feel the wind picking up around you both.

"You asked me why I disliked Superman." You start making her raise her brow at where the conversation was going, heading towards uncharted deep water that even Cat Grant didn't know so well. "Well, he abandoned Kara, she was only sent her to look after him and if it wasn't for the phantom zone that's what she would have done but he wouldn't do the same, he left her with human parents, a girl who had lost her whole family, an alien family on a strange planet"

"Never thought of it like that." She admits truthfully diving into her own thoughts on the subject but comes short, she didn't know if it was the drink or if it was the lack of distance between you both.

"Well what about you?" You ask quickly steering it away from your cousin but she looks up to your confused with her brow furrowed in thought. "You're drinking alone, on the balcony of your company rather than being at some lame party or even going home, so you tell me Cat what's going on with you?"

She gulps darting her eyes from your lips back up to your eyes and then scattering that out to the city. "You make a great detective you know" she whispers her voice cracking under her own pressure.

You let out a small chuckle at the thought but it dies out quickly still focusing on the woman who had deverted her eyes away. "I think that's just because I've been around a lot of people who like to shove those emotions deep down because it's better than hurting." You answered truthfully even Kara had hidden her feelings, some about your parents because she was afraid to even think about them anymore without hurting you. Lena was a pure example, you didn't see her round much because she was a busy person taking over her brother's company but every time you talked about anything the woman would cringe up her emotions and shove them so far down that her icy exterior doesn't show the faintest smile anymore.

"Now who said I'm hurting?" And then there was Cat, she looks at your expectingly waiting for you to answer the question. She was the Ultimate boss of no emotion, she pushed you away as an example, forcing herself never to get close because people isn't something she likes to let in.

"No nothing could hurt Cat Grant." You chuckled even if you knew you didn't agree with your own statement because even the coldest, psychos and the worse aliens or people felt something even if it was the tiniest speck of emotion, love, hurt, pain, fear and anger, everyone has their limits but you didn't know hers well not yet.

"Almost" she frowns seeming to remind herself about a time she was. "You know you scared me last week" she admitted even when she had tried to hard to push it away.

"Takes a lot to get rid of me" you smiled weakly seeing her under the dimming lights of the balcony, her smile seeming to pull at the corners of her nude lips.

"But you did it anyway, it was brave but also very stupid." She whispered softly against the cool air.

"Sometimes you just going take a leap of faith." You explained. She seems to take your words to heart and it's not long until she inches her face closer to yours closing that awfully large gap between the two of you.

The kiss started slow and you were afraid of even moving at any other speed but you knew differently when Cat moaned low in her throat.

You let that dominate side of your Brain take over steering you away from your awkwardness. You find yourself flicking your tongue out along the smaller woman's bottom lip followed by nipping at it lightly with your teeth. Cat doesn't seem to hate the small pain tingling on her lips and lets out a louder groan.

Her lips were intoxicating, more than alien alcohol could ever affect you but the screams pull you apart from her. "Mayday. Mayday."

You pull back quickly out of breath and she looks at you nervously like she was wrong to do so. "I have to go" you whisper against her lips before shooting off taking your outer clothes of in a hurry heading towards the distressed call.

"We have experienced a hull breach and catastrophic engine failure." As you jump under the spaceship holding it up with your bare hands you grunt at the weight of the thing but it was nothing compared to Fort Rozz who had taken a toll on your wrists.

"Need a hand?" You whip your head to the side seeing both Kara and Karl-El suited up and helping out taking a lot of pressure against your hands as you all land the ship carefully back on the ground below. "That was awesome! I mean, that was terrible." Kara coughed covering up her own excitement as you glare back at Kal-El. Kara seemed less drunk but very much excited making you think maybe she shouldn't be flying tonight.

"I had it!" You snapped crossing your arms across your chest.

"Wow, all the supers together!!" A girl cheered watching the ship behind you with pure shock and excitement before glancing back at you three with a smile. You force yourself to smile and wave a the young girl who lights up as you do.

"Doesn't mean a thing" you whispered softly taking off without another word but maybe the words were delayed because now you had your head racing around about Cat Grant.