Chapter twenty five

Okay hey guys, momo here (haha idk my friend called me momo so let's use that) and I have something quick to ask you.
Could you comment what you think will happen in this story? If you guess correctly I'll draw something for you and put it in the media for the next chapter! okay bye
ends when the next chapter is uploaded

•••

Two days had passed since the patrol with Mudheart. Since then, Tangletuft had been determined to be kept busy. She had been on at least half of the patrols and helped around the camp -for example sorting through the fresh-kill pile, helping with the elders and playing with the kits- when she wasn't on a patrol.

"Get some rest," Grasspelt had instructed that morning "You haven't even took a breath in two days."

Tangletuft shook her head "I have to keep busy." She replied, using twice as much energy just to keep her eyes awake.

"No get some rest. Now." Grasspelt stubbornly meowed, flicking her tail towards the warriors' bedding.

"But... Grasspelt if I don't help the Clan then I'm not a warrior." Tangletuft protested, although in her mind she knew that's not why she wanted to keep busy.

The real reason was if she wasn't busy, she was risking a chance to have to talk to a cat close to her. She wouldn't be able to bear talking to a cat that had been close yet lied to her for her whole life.

"You've helped the Clan plenty. Now get some rest. I'm sure all the cats would understand." Grasspelt flashed Tangletuft a matter-of-fact look.

"Why would they understand?" Tangletuft challenged, the words falling out before she could think them through "Would they understand because they know I'm the prophecy cat. They'll be like 'oh little prophecy Tangletuft is sleeping I understand because she's special and she deserves rest.'?"

"Just get some sleep." Grasspelt repeated, her teeth grinding together as her temper flailed. A few simple sentences had made her angry. But they were just words right?

Tangletuft paused. She was about to say something to the deputy but the look on Grasspelt's face warned her to stay away.

And then here and now she was in the present time laying in the bedding and twitching her ear every once and a while.

Exhaustion ripped at her pelt but she stayed awake, her confused and tired mind wanting to make a point to Grasspelt.

"You know staying awake won't help."

Tangletuft looked up to see Dewblaze standing in front of her. She tilted her head to the side "What are you doing here? You're a StarClan cat."

"That doesn't mean I can't show up when I want to." Dewblaze let out a soft laugh before laying beside her and crunching the soft grass underneath him.

"Am I really seeing you right now? Or am I that tired?" Tangletuft asked once more, turning towards the StarClan cat.

"Eh. Probably both." Dewblaze chirped before continuing in a more serious voice "But I'm not here to fool with a sleep deprived cat."

"Then why are you here?" Tangletuft replied.

Suddenly, she saw Foxgaze walk by her bedding, and the old red furred warrior gave her a look of confusion.

"Can't you see I'm talking to a StarClan cat?" Tangletuft called as Foxgaze padded away, and into the medicine cat's den. Probably to report that Tangletuft was hallucinating.

"The prophecy brought me here," Dewblaze paused "Have you given any thought to it?"

"Not really," Tangletuft admitted "All I know is that I'm part of it." And so does every other cat. She thought bitterly, pushing away the thought afterwards.

"Have you even considered what the lightning is?" Dewblaze asked, leaning in closer.

"No," Tangletuft felt hot under her fur in embarrassment "Maybe I should've..."

"Yes you should've." Dewblaze scoffed before lightening up "But lucky for you I know a little more about the prophecy. I've been thinking and this is what I have."

Tangletuft waited for Dewblaze to continue, which felt like moons. "The prophecy is 'like lightning, a cat will strike through the forest.' So I think there was a cat before you who tried and failed."

"Like lightning? But who's lightning?" Tangletuft tried to wrap her head around all the StarClan cat had said.

"I don't know," Dewblaze murmured "But I do know that-"

"See? There she is. She's talking to nothing!" Foxgaze snapped at Rabbitfoot and like that, Dewblaze had disappeared.

"Tangletuft who are you talking-" Rabbitfoot started but Tangletuft cut him off.

"I was talking to Dewblaze. Now I'm tired so leave me alone." She said hastily. He's still a monster. She thought bitterly. Why didn't he just tell me?

"Oh... Okay." Rabbitfoot murmured, his tail slightly falling.

"Really you believe that?" Foxgaze asked, her voice eager and rude "This cat is insane! She's talking to nothing! How can you believe her?"

Tangletuft just stayed quiet, internally agreeing that she was indeed insane.

Rabbitfoot just shrugged "Just let her rest. And if she's still talking to nothing after that then I'll look at her okay?"

"Fine." Foxgaze meowed, turning to Tangletuft and giving her a look. Foxgaze stormed away as a kit would've, her red tail swaying behind her.

Tangletuft heard Rabbitfoot talk but her eyes fell closed, and sleep awaited her.

•••

Sorry that it's really short aha I hope you like it anyway!