Chapter forty five

Hush sat in a small position, gracefully licking her smoky gray paws before gently wiping them down the side of her head, and repeating that process over and over again.

The sun flashed on one side of her as another felt the bitter cold. It was sundown, and her pelt felt as confused as a blind kit.

"Hey Hush." Hush heard a calm voice overtake her. She looked up and was met by Sheep's pretty features. She tilted her head before letting out a small laugh.

"What do you want now Sheep?" She joked, letting out a mrrow of laughter as Sheep sat beside her.

"I want to annoy you obviously," Sheep laughed before continuing "But I'm actually here to apologize."

"Apologize?" Hush scrunched up her nose and furrowed her brow "For what?"

"For leaving you when Cherry called me over earlier today," Sheep meowed, looking at his fluffy white paws "It was really rude of me."

"Rude? You're just following orders." Hush shrugged her shoulders, before Sheep looked down and met up with her eyes. For the second time she felt insecure, as if he was examining all her flaws. But he looked away, and she felt fine again.

"Orders? I wish I didn't have to follow
Cherry's orders." Hush laughed as Sheep empathized Cherry's name.

"It's fine really," Hush mewed, gazing across camp "I would've done the same thing. Well, not if the cat calling me was Cherry."

Just as if Cherry could hear the two cat's words from outside of camp, she hauled her pretty figure into camp. She was also hauling a plump squirrel and many cats got to their feet, congratulating Cherry.

The squirrel was huge Hush had to admit, it was as big a her head if not slightly bigger. Its fur was soft as a kittypet's would've been but its strong figure suggested it climbed a lot which probably earned itself a lot of nuts.

As for Sheep and Hush, the two stay seated where they were and just stared at Cherry, who basked in her fame.

Hush finally began to move again, she rolled her eyes before speaking "That she-cat really gets on my nerves."

Sheep didn't get a chance to answer. He began to open his mouth to reply when an awful voice rang across camp "Oh Sheep! Come and see the squirrel I caught!"

Sheep stayed silent for a moment, gazing down at Hush for permission.

"Just go," She said, planting on an emotionless face "It's fine."

Sheep nodded, flashing her an apologetic glance for the second time that day before running over to Cherry, and Hush could barely hear what she was saying.

"Don't you like it?" She asked, only staring at Sheep and not the squirrel anymore "It's so huge! I bet Hush could never catch something like this."

Sheep shrugged before nonchalantly replying "If she put her mind to it I bet she could."

"She's not even a hunter," Cherry spat, her pretty face disfigured with annoyance "She doesn't fit in anywhere." Cherry paused, before continuing "Now you and me, we're a hunter and a fighter. Imagine the wonderful kits that will come out of that."

Hush's eyes opened large. Surprise took over her, before a rock settled in her stomach. She felt a tingling sensation, it started at her paws and move throughout her whole body in moments. She felt nervous before the tingles started to boil, and her eyes narrowed.

She picked herself up to her paws before marching over to Cherry. Anger had overcome her common sense.

"Are you stupid?" Hush growled "Only a stupid cat would even bring up their future kits with a cat that doesn't even like them."