Chapter fifty one

okay so hey guys I know I said I'd be more active but idk about that because I just don't have time. I'll try my hardest to update but it won't be every other day like it used to be. I'm so sorry.

•••

Tangletuft couldn't believe who she saw. Smoketail? Could it really be her? No. She had left and gone moons away from camp. How could she have returned so quickly?

"Smoketail! Help me!" Tangletuft wailed, almost as if she had planned to say that.

Smoketail's pretty amber eyes flashed at Tangletuft sharply before she saw who was near the white warrior. It was Rabbitfoot.

"What happened here?" Smoketail asked, looking at her former Clanmate with a fearful and unsettling glare.

Rabbitfoot was gone? What about Yellowfoot and Waterkit? What happened to them? Oh is that Heatherfang over there? Is Snowblaze okay? Several thoughts ran through her young mind before she stuttered out the words "D-og...Sss...Rab-foo-"

"Tangletuft, words please." Smoketail's tongue surely hadn't faded while she was gone. Even in the hardest of times her sassy attitude never failed to leave.

"Dogs! There were dogs! More dogs than cats! It was horrible Smoketail... So bloody and so, just so horrible." Tangletuft managed to squeeze out words before staring down at her medicine cat "Oh Rabbitfoot," She sadly mewed "What will we do without you."

"Snap out of it would you?" Smoketail harshly meowed, making Tangletuft cringe "Your whole Clan is watching you and you act like this? You should be a leader. Not a sad little kit."

Tangletuft looked up. Smoketail was right. Sageclaw stood closely beside Crowflight, a few senior warriors stood in disbelief and Breezefoot was the most shocked of all. His eyes were as big as moons as he stared at Smoketail. Tangletuft was surprised that her littermate didn't say anything. He just stood there frozen in his paws.

"Ahh Smoketail," Graystar slowly pulled himself off the bloodied camp floor. Had he lost a life in this battle? "How happy we are to see you."

"Happy?" Grainwhisker snorted from the background "Look how many cats we lost! This is a tragedy, not a silly welcome back party."

Reality hit all the cats in WindClan at that very moment. Twelve bodies littered the WindClan camp floor as if they were crowfood.

"Dear StarClan this can't be happening." Willowflight whispered.

"WindClan," Graystar announced, his voice weak with sadness "Please gather the bodies in the middle of camp. We will share tongues with them one last time before they join StarClan."

All the cats obeyed. With their heads and tails down they slowly carried all of their clanmates into the middle of camp. Suddenly, a tiny mew could be heard near the exit of camp. It couldn't be.

"Waterkit!" Tangletuft saw the blue haired tom-kit. How had he survived?

"My son!" Jaggedfur ran up to his lone son and snuggled him tightly, through the shocked gasps and curious mews, Tangletuft could barely hear Jaggedfur whisper "I'll never let anything happen to you. Your mother and I will protect you forever." But Jaggedfur wasn't really there. He hadn't really said that or snuggled his kit or any of that. Jaggedfur had passed away in that battle. His mother, Yellowfoot was also gone. Poor Waterkit.

Sorrelfall approached the kit slowly and nodded to herself "I will be the new mother of young Waterkit."

Many cats in the clearing nodded, before Graystar spoke.

"This is our last night with the bodies of our clanmates. We know that their spirits will be watching us in StarClan." Graystar announced before bending down and whispering something into a dead cat's ear.

Tangletuft closed her eyes, readying herself for the emotional rollercoaster to take place.

As she neared the first cat, a look of despair crossed her face. It was Seedpelt. The newly appointed deputy of WindClan.

Tangletuft bent down near to his ear "You would've been a great leader." She whispered before gently moving on towards the next cat; Foxgaze.

When Tangletuft was younger, she had despised Foxgaze and her cruel temper. But as she got older, she learned to love the red she-cat's snarky remarks. Tangletuft couldn't bear to let her go.

"Never stop being your sassy self, even in StarClan." She whispered. On a regular day she would've laughed at her own remark. But not today.

The next fallen warrior was Rustlestep. Silverblaze and his apprenticed kits already cluttered around him. Tangletuft only had the chance to mournfully gaze at him before moving on.

Beside Rustlestep was Falconheart. She hadn't known him very well but he was an honourable warrior. Quiet and in the background, but very honourable. She didn't know what to say to him so she settled with the simple "You were a great warrior." She slowly moved on.

The next three were all clustered around each other. Longwhisker, Jaggedfur and Heatherfang. Snowblaze and Clawfoot sat beside their loved family member. Smoketail awkwardly placed herself beside them, sadly staring down at her foster mother.
Jaggedfur lay alone on the camp floor. Yellowfoot had been the only cat to honestly care for him. But now that she wasn't there, he had no one down here for him. Maybe cats up in StarClan, but not here. "Stay strong Jaggedfur." Tangletuft whispered before looking up to see Heatherfang's limp body.
Sorrelfall had taken her place beside Heatherfang, her young kits circling around her and gazing curiously at the limp cat, not knowing yet that they would grow up without a father.

Tangletuft moved on towards the other cats who lay still on the camp floor. Smallfoot and Splotchfur were found very close to one another on the camp floor.
Around Smallfoot was Featherfall, she let out a wail before talking to the tom, as if he were still alive "How am I supposed to raise our kits by myself?"

Featherfall was pregnant? Since when?

Tangletuft shrugged it off at she stared at Splotchfur. Her dear friend Dapplefoot sat near the she-cat, burying her face into her other friend's fur. Redwhisker also lay beside Splotchfur. Since when had those two been close?

Worrying about every second of every day really made a cat miss out on life.

The last three cats were probably the hardest to say goodbye to.

Tangletuft first bent down to Yellowfoot ear and whispered "I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

Tangletuft went quick with her, not wanting she feel too many emotions for the queen.

Next was Rabbitfoot. "How will WindClan survive without a medicine cat?" She wanted to say more but she just sorrowfully shook her head and moved on to the final cat.

It was Sunstripe. Her father. Although he had been very distant -which wasn't his fault since his parents had been distant with him- he was still a great role model for his kits. He was one of the smartest cats in all the Clans. He would be a loss of intelligence for the cats around the lake.

Willowflight, Sageclaw and Breezefoot lay around him. Tangletuft slowly joined. She placed her nose on his soft fur and as she closed her eyes, a vision of nightmares and sorrow awaited her.

•••

HEY GUYS SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER IDK IF I LIKE THIS STORY ANYMORE

but if you guys like it then I'll write it for you