Chapter six

"Where is she? Where is she?" The hoarse meow of a she-cat woke Tanglepaw in her nest.

Where am I? What just happened? Tanglepaw thought, feeling dizzy although her eyes were closed and all that surrounded her was darkness.

"She's in my den as usual. You can see her later. She needs to rest." Another voice sounded. It was firm and masculine. Who could it be?

"She's my kit! I need to see her! Excuse me Rabbitfoot." The she-cat's voice mewed, obviously serious and doubting nothing.

Tanglepaw heard the swish of a cat trotting through the den walls and a wet nose pressing against her pelt.

"Why is she so cold? Rabbitfoot!" The she-cat yelled and the swish of a cat returned in the entrance.

"That's because it's leaf-bare Willowflight." Rabbitfoot mewed.

Rabbitfoot! Willowflight! I know them! Tanglepaw thought.

She felt like a kit again. She couldn't open her eyes yet she could process everything around her. She felt so helpless.

Suddenly, she felt a nose pressing against her multiple times, harsher and harsher each time.

"Wake up Tanglepaw!" Willowflight yelled, shaking her kit.

"What's wrong with you?" Rabbitfoot asked and the nose pressing stopped "She'll be fine. Just trust me."

A long pause sounded in the den before Willowflight finally gave in.

"Fine." She grumbled then the swish of the den sounded again. Willowflight must've left.

Rabbitfoot stayed a bit longer, pressing his ears against Tanglepaw's chest to hear her heartbeat and checking for sickness before he left as well.

•••

Tanglepaw was awakened by the swish of the den entrance.

Although her eyes were still closed her ears has become very sensitive lately. Probably since she had momentarily lost one of her senses.

It's probably Rabbitfoot again. Tanglepaw thought, shifting a bit in her bedding. During the last few days, Rabbitfoot had been checking on her several times. He just couldn't stop fretting about her.

"Um... Tanglepaw?" What? That wasn't Rabbitfoot. Who was it?

Pawsteps brought the sound closer till a soft voice whispered in her ear "I hope you're okay. Please wake up very soon..."

But that was it. The voice left along with the cat with the swish of the entrance.

Who was that cat? What had just happened?

•••

Sorry it was so short! Next chapter will be longer!