Chapter fifty two

omg guys this is the last chapter of book one I can't even believe we made it this far ! beware of a dreadful speech at the end haha

GUYS DO YOU LIKE THE NEW BOOK COVER ? I DO LOL

•••

The warriors' den was unusually crowded these days. Many warriors slept all day inside the little den. Tangletuft sometimes wondered if they were okay.

It had been seven days since the battle with the dogs. Almost all the WindClan cats were either mourning or slowly recovering from injuries.

Sageclaw had taken the role as a medicine cat until another could be made or found. Her rusty skills weren't the best. But they were all that they had.

Even though Graystar had broken the warrior code, he had waited two whole days before appointing a new deputy. He appointed Rainfall, a very quiet and shy she-cat. She obviously wasn't the best choice, but she did seem the most emotionally stable in the Clan.

Smoketail still remained nameless. She had told the Clan about her little adventure. About the group of cats that lived moons away and her name change to Hush. She was a little short about her friend Sheep. Tangletuft wondered what happened to him.
Smoketail had also said that she spent a day or two in ThunderClan with the name Hushtail.

This cat had three names. Surely she would choose her WindClan name in the end wouldn't she?

"Tangletuft?" The white warrior slowly turned around to face another white warrior. Snowblaze gazed at Tangletuft thoughtfully before he tilted his head.

"Snowblaze! I'm so glad to see you!" Tangletuft began to purr.

"You are?" Snowblaze asked, blinking his eyes as if that helped his thinking process.

She had quickly realized how she sounded and her purr quickly faded "I'm glad to see you're okay after that battle. That's it," she paused, flustered "Um bye."

She began walking the opposite direction when Snowblaze called after her. She turned to face him as a teasing look crossed his face. Oh StarClan.

"You like me don't you?" He laughed, sitting down in front of her "I knew you liked me."

Tangletuft thought he was being rude at first but his playful attitude remained "No I'm just happy you're okay."

"Really? So you'll go up to any cat after a battle and purr like a hare-brain? Seems legit." Snowblaze laughed once more before continuing "Liking another cat isn't a bad thing."

"Shut up." Tangletuft playfully hit him with her paw.

The two sat in silence for a long while. Watching the still and lifeless Clan, Tangletuft wondered if her Clan would ever move on. Would these dogs take out WindClan?

"I think I'll go hunting. Everyone must be hungry." Tangletuft blurted out a little louder than she had planned. She felt hot under her fur.

"Okay. I'll go with you." Snowblaze blankly stated, curtly nodding his head at her.

"You don't need to, I can do things on my own." She reminded him, shaking her head afterwards "But if you want to go who am I to stop you right?"

"Exactly." Snowblaze laughed, looking eager to leave the mournful camp.

The two cats slowly ventured off into the moor. Even the territory was lifeless. Patches of crumpled grass lay on the open landscape. The dogs must've crumpled them over on the retreat out.

No sign of any prey could be found in the territory either. The dogs must've scared them all away.

The dogs had ruined everything.