Chapter forty seven

IM SO EXCITED FOR THE END OF THIS BOOK I LOVE THE ENDING BUT I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER SO READ ON !

•••

"Nice catch Hush!" Hush spun on her heels to see Sheep rushing up to her, a happy glow on his face.

She dropped her plump mouse on the ground in front of her before ducking her head sheepishly, feeling hot under her fur "Thanks." She mumbled.

"I wish I could hunt," Sheep quickly darted beside Hush, hesitating before peacefully nudging her "I can only fight."

"Back in WindClan I had to do both plus mark borders every day," Hush stated more matter-of-factly than anything else, shrugging her smokey gray shoulders she added "It sure was a lot of work."

"Sounds like fun though," Sheep commented, letting out small laugh "I can't wait until I'm part of it."

Hush felt her eyes widen and her fur stand up. Go back to WindClan? She didn't even know if she wanted to go. Or if they'd even let her back in. "Back?" She squeaked "I didn't know we were going to WindClan."

"Oh we don't have to but I don't know where else we'd go." Sheep mewed wrapping a tail supportably around his dear friend.

She comfortably rested her head on his soft shoulder before speaking "Maybe we can be loners. We can go travel and explore. I think that would be fun."

"It would be dangerous," Sheep gently corrected, sighing as he looked down at the dead mouse that lay sprawled on the floor "But we can decide that after we eat."

Hush nodded before laying down in front of the mouse, and patiently waiting as Sheep did the same. After a few heartbeats of silence, the two
dug into the mouse, quickly devouring it.

"I guess we were hungry." Hush giggled, staring at the scraps of fur and few tiny bones that lay in front of them.

"I guess we were." Sheep laughed, looking towards Hush.

As her eyes met up with his, they locked. Instantly she fell into a trance. Feeling as light as air, as dizzy as a confused kit, as calm as a warm Greenleaf day. She felt like nothing could harm her. Not a million badgers or rogues or bees. Not monsters that crossed the thunderpaths. Not even sickness. She felt healthy, the healthiest she'd ever felt before.
Nothing mattered as she stared into his eyes. Not what they would do, where they would go. She didn't care for those as long as he was there. As long as her Sheep was there.

But suddenly, she felt the heaviness of pressure overwhelm her. Reality had hit again and she was in the present time, where Sheep let out an infamous single laugh before he began speaking.

"I guess we can be loners until we figure out what to do. Besides, what could go wrong."

"Thank you." Hush breathed, feeling a tiny weight lift off of her chest.

Finally they could live. Hush would now be able to live for the first time. The warrior code nor her blood-family could hold her back now. Hush and Sheep would be free. The power felt extremely overwhelming yet exciting.

Hush couldn't believe it was happening.

•••

"How about we sleep over there?" Sheep suggested, pointing with his tail towards a scraggly patch of forest.

"Sure it's better than open ground." Hush nodded, before the two slowly made their way to the trees. At any other time Hush would've loved to sleep out in the open and under the stars. But not now. That would be dangerous to sleep out in the open. Anything could happen to you.