Chapter sixteen

Sagepaw began stumbling across the open field, one paw bloodied and limp, the other three stained with blood. Her claws stuck out, a few were snapped and chipped. Her eyes looked tired, as if she was about to fall asleep and her once always nicely groomed white and golden pelt was now brushed in all different directions, and stained with many different colours.

What had happened to Sagepaw?
Tanglepaw couldn't take it, she bursted from the bushes and ran up to her sister, fear running through her.

"Sagepaw! Are you okay?" Tanglepaw asked, earning herself shocked glances from her Clanmates.

Sagepaw didn't reply, she just kept on limping forward. She didn't even look towards her sister.

"Tanglepaw what are you doing here?" Rabbitfoot demanded, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm sorry Rabbitfoot," Tanglepaw padded over to the medicine cat and bowed her head "I just needed to see my sister. I needed to."

"But you didn't listen to my orders," Rabbitfoot paused as he heard rustling from the bushes. Redkit fell out and onto the grassy floor with a thump "And you brought a kit with you. You didn't just break my orders. You broke the warrior code."

Tanglepaw watched Rabbitfoot, speechless.

"Actually I came on my own," Redkit mewed, saving Tanglepaw from a harsher punishment "I followed her here. It was my fault."

"Can you please get your Clan in order Grasspelt?" Fishbreath said, annoyed.

"Of course." Grasspelt turned to Tanglepaw and Redkit "Stay near Rabbitfoot. We'll talk later."

The two younger cats just nodded and stayed by Rabbitfoot.

"Here," Mossyfoot pushed Sagepaw towards the WindClan cats "She's useless to us now."

"What did you do to her?" Grasspelt asked, her eyes wide.

"We made her do stuff around the camp before dogs attacked us," Scalepaw explained, making herself surprisingly closer to Mossyfoot as she went on "They saw Sagepaw first so..." She neared Mossyfoot more out of fear "So they grabbed her. Luckily our warriors saved her before the dogs killed her."

"So be aware that there might be vicious dogs in your territory." Mossyfoot snorted before Scalepaw snuggled up to him. How could that she-cat even stand him?

"Well," Grasspelt started, not taking her eyes off of Sagepaw "Thank you for saving her life and also we thank you for telling us about the dogs. We should be leaving now."

"Alright. Goodbye." Webtail meowed, surprisingly nicer now.

"We'll see you tonight at the gathering?" Fishbreath asked.

"Of course." Grasspelt nodded in return before the WindClan cats set off.
"I need to help Sagepaw and Grasspelt." Rabbitfoot told the younger cats "I'll talk to you two when we get back." And with that, Rabbitfoot padded over to Sagepaw to help stabilize her walking.

Tanglepaw nodded before letting out a sigh "What's wrong?" Redkit asked.

"I wanted Sagepaw back but not like that. Not all bloodied and scarred." Tanglepaw just shook her head "But at least she's back."

"No no that's a good reason." Redkit mewed "I wouldn't want Berrykit all bloodied up."

"What would you know," Tanglepaw scoffed "It's not even happening to you. Nothing's happening to you! And plus, you're just a kit. You wouldn't understand."

"I understand more than you think." Redkit muttered, feeling hurt.

"No you wouldn't!" Tanglepaw continued, suddenly over-dramatizing the whole thing "I've been pushed down my whole life because of a stupid little cough. I've been almost forced to become a medicine cat. My brother and sister didn't care about me. I used to be the runt of my own litter and now, my own sister that never cared about me is bloodied and hurt. And I would give the world for me to be in her place. But I know, she'd never do the same for me. And what's happened to you? Well that's just a plain old nothing. I'll meet you at camp." And with that, Tanglepaw ran ahead of the patrol, tears getting ready to stream from her eyes. She ignored the cats calling after her and she raced faster, the tears now soaking her white fur.

What could possibly happen next in her mistake of a life?

•••

Tanglepaw's on her period lol XD totally kidding

Omg I'm sorry it's so short haha but what do you think of the story so far?