Chapter twenty nine

"Tangletuft pass it here!" Heavykit squealed, his newly opened eyes large and pleading.

"No pass it here!" Cobrakit squeaked louder, trying to push Heavykit away.

"No pass it to me!" Mistkit yelled, her silver pelt glimmering in the sunhigh light.

Tangletuft stared at the three kits and let out a mrrow of amusement. They were practically climbing all over each other to get the small little mossball.

They had only opened their eyes the day before and they were already as active as they could be.

Well all the kits except for Stormkit.

"Where's Stormkit?" Tangletuft asked, turning her head to look.

"I think she's in the elders' den talking to Cloudpelt..." Mistkit shrugged, turning serious just for one moment before climbing over her littermates again.

"Oh alright." Tangletuft replied before tossing the mossball.

"The kits sure do like you." She turned her head to see Dapplepaw sitting beside her, the apprentice's eyes gleaming.

"Well I have been stuck in camp with them for a quarter moon." Tangletuft mewed, showing Dapplepaw her healing wound.

Some fur had grown back. It was thin, but it was fur. Her claw marks had shrunk so much that she didn't believe it was once really bad. Whatever Rabbitfoot was treating the wound with, it was surely working.

"Yikes," Dapplepaw flinched before her face softened once more "Well, when you're better I'll be on that first patrol with you I promise."

Tangletuft giggled, watching as Cobrakit grabbed the mossball, panting as he dropped it in front of her "Thanks Dapplepaw." She meowed, rolling the ball over to the apprentice "Do you want to throw?"

"Of course." And without another word, Dapplepaw flung the mossball across the clearing and watched as three kits tumbled after it.

•••

"I thought you'd be begging to go back to duties about now," Rabbitfoot teased, gently placing his tail out in front of him.

"It has been nice to relax but I'm
ready to go back to warrior duties." Tangletuft replied, not understanding the humour in Rabbitfoot's voice.

"You sound like a queen." The medicine cat scoffed, flashing her a look of amusement afterwards.

"And you sound rude." Tangletuft flashed back, just now figuring out that Rabbitfoot was joking.

"You only have a few days until you can go back I presume," Rabbitfoot meowed before getting up and inspecting her wound, nodding to himself afterwards "It looks so much better than it did when you came. And I honestly can't believe how fast it healed."

"Yeah..." Tangletuft trailed off as she stared at her wound, now just a reddish scar. Most of the fur had grown back but two red-brown dots still lay on her side, and they would forever.
When you came Now Rabbitfoot's voice echoed in her head, and the flashback started.

It was Snowblaze. He was standing there in the den, a sad look on his face as he said the one most heartbreaking word he'd ever said to her.

No.

It seemed to simple, yet it had broke her down.
Luckily she was regaining her self support. She hadn't seen Snowblaze in forever. He was always out of camp when she was outside playing with the kits or eating. He only returned to camp when she was strictly told to stay in the den.
Had he been avoiding her?

"Hello? Tangletuft?" Rabbitfoot waved a tail across her face, making her jump.

"Oh sorry," She apologized, shrinking in her own fur "I got lost in my thoughts."

"No it's okay." Rabbitfoot merited before sticking his head out of the medicine cat den.

"Uhm..." Tangletuft murmured and Rabbitfoot back trailed to where he faced the white warrior once again.

"You should go mingle. You've only talked to me and kits for the last quarter moon." Rabbitfoot changed the subject, motioning with his head at the entrance of the den.

"Alright." Tangletuft groaned, slowly pulling herself up.

•••

Hey guys haha nothing much here just like a buildup kind of thing

sorry hahahahahahahahahahahahahahHH