Chapter forty four

hey guys guess what ?! ONLY LIKE FIVE CHAPTERS LEFT UNTIL THE END OF BOOK ONE! OMG IM SO EXCITED!

•••••

"Hurry up! We're leaving for the patrol!" Smallfoot called, flicking his tail impatiently behind him.

"I'm coming don't get your tail in a knot." Tangletuft groaned, getting up from her comfy spot in the warriors' bedding. She hauled herself up, gazing at her patrol of Smallfoot, Snowblaze and Redwhisker. She began to groan more.

But eventually, she made her way to the patrol and they exited camp, heading in the direction of the ThunderClan border.

Ever time they went there, the night of her shocking realization came back to her. She remembered being close with Snowblaze at that time as they talked roughly towards ThunderClan and as they made their way back to camp Tangletuft had learned the truth. Her relationship with Snowblaze or any of her Clanmates was changed that day. It was a horrible day.

Fortunately, Tangletuft managed to push away her awful memory as they neared the border and Smallfoot stopped, gently turned around on his tiny paws and faced the three warriors in front of him. 

"I'll head up near the Moonpool with Redwhisker. Snowblaze and Tangletuft you mark down the lake." Smallfoot meowed and the group of four split into two.

Tangletuft felt a sudden stab. It crawled in her stomach, making her feel slightly light-headed. She was nervous.

Snowblaze led her most of the way, stopping every so often to mark a
border before padding on.

Tangletuft longed to be with him. She longed to be sitting at his side and having their white fur mix. She longed to love him. But she knew she couldn't. She just couldn't.

But as if StarClan heard her prayers, Snowblaze suddenly turned and faced her, a weird look on his face "Can we please just talk to each other for a change?" He asked, his eyes hollow.

"I want to talk," Tangletuft crudely remarked "But you don't like me for me."

"Of course I do," Snowblaze insisted, tilting his head "Who else are you that I wouldn't like?"

"I'm a prophecy cat I can't just-"

"It's all about that prophecy isn't it," Snowblaze cut her off, his eyes filling up "That stupid prophecy. I can't believe you bring that burden into every talk of ours."

"I do that because it's important." Tangletuft pointed out, which only made Snowblaze angrier.

"When will you come to realize that it's nothing but words spoken by a dead cat?" Snowblaze asked, closing his eyes and letting in a deep breath. As he exhaled his eyes opened and they locked with hers.

"I have to face something terrifying," Tangletuft meowed "But that isn't the point."

"Then what is the point?" Snowblaze asked, his voice carefully edging over them.

"My point is that you say you want to talk but here we are not talking about us we're talking about the prophecy once again," She meowed, shrugging "That's all we talk about because that's all you care about."

Snowblaze paused, a sad look drowning onto his face. But that was just for a moment. His shoulders rose and he narrowed his eyes, before he relaxed and let out a long sigh "When will you realize that I love you, Tangletuft. Not the prophecy Tangletuft. I love Tangletuft. I love the way you walk, the way you talk, your creativity and brilliance. I love the little Tanglepaw I met during apprentice training and I love you. Not the prophecy," he paused, letting in a breath "When will you realize the truth?"

Tangletuft paused, not knowing how to react at first before suddenly words just bobbled out "I'm sorry I didn't realize."

"Of course you didn't," Snowblaze's face looked hurt, before a strong voice bled across the clearing "Even if lightning struck you three times you still wouldn't realize."

And after that, Snowblaze continued as he normally would; silent. They slowly continued marking the border. Tangletuft didn't dare to say a word.

•••

Tangletuft was awakened at night by yowls of pain coming from the nursery. She watched as a few of her Clanmates pulled themselves up, before crawling towards the nursery and peeking their heads inside.

What seemed like the whole Clan stood up and stared at the nursery uneasily. The only queen in there was Sorrelfall. The strategic she-cat had retired extremely late to the nursery and now her yowl rang across camp, she was kitting now.

Tangletuft heard meows from the nursery, but she couldn't quite tell what they were saying.

Thymeclaw turned around once more, and glazed over her Clanmates, searching for one cat in particular. She locked gazes with Tangletuft, and she let in a nervous swallow.

"Rabbitfoot wants Tangletuft to help him." Thymeclaw called across camp and Tangletuft froze. Why her?

Tangletuft slowly got to her paws before making her way awkwardly towards the nursery. She got pelted with glares.

Once she arrived at the den, Tangletuft and Thymeclaw exchanged kind glances before she ducked her head and entered the den.

Inside Sorrelfall was groaning on her side, her front paws skidding across the moss, looking as though she was swimming.

"Tangletuft," Rabbitfoot meowed. He was beside Sorrelfall and he placed a paw on her stomach "She has two kits so you'll have to help me. Get me those herbs when the kits start coming out," Rabbitfoot pointed towards a pile of leaves "Got that?"

Tangletuft nodded before rushing up to Rabbitfoot and Sorrelfall. She sat beside Sorrelfall and gently placed a paw on her stomach.

"Besides that just do what you did during Silverblaze's kitting." Rabbitfoot meowed before giving her a reassuring nod.

She turned towards Sorrelfall and pushed gently with a paw on her belly

"Okay on the count of three you'll push alright?" Rabbitfoot instructed, slowly speaking as if the tone helped the queen.

They didn't wait for an answer. Sorrelfall wouldn't have gave them one anyways. Tangletuft began to count "One..." She stared at Sorrelfall, who nervously panted on the mossy floor "Two..." She stared at the herbs which were delicately sitting beside her "Three." She watched as Sorrelfall pushed and a sack of kit fur fell into the moss.

Tangletuft paused for a second, zoned out by the grass whispering around the nursery. It was calming if Sorrelfall's nervous pants weren't there.

Rabbitfoot noticed that she was zoned out and he pushed her to the side, got the herbs himself and cast her a weird glare.

Tangletuft zoned out as the rest of the kitting was happening, dread and hatred clinging to her fur. Why such painful emotions? She didn't know.

She was shocked back to reality when the mate of the finished kitting queen, who was in this case Heatherfang, ran up to his mate and gently licked her on the top of her head.

They begun naming them. Sorrelfall chose two very nice names for her two she-kits. She had chosen Bluekit for the tiniest and bluest kit and Ashkit for the taller gray one.

Tangletuft stared at the two kits, only nodding emotionlessly.

•••

OMG GUYSSS ITS HAPPENING THE FEELS ARE HAPPENING

but omg SnowXTangle is so cute. Don't worry guys, Redwhisker will get in with the action soon

PLEASE ENTER MY CONTEST THERES A CHAPTER ABOUT IT NAMED CONTEST TIME PLEASE ENTER
for the contest I've only gotten one entry so far so please hand in your entries if you want to win!

but anyways that's it bye guys!