Surprising

You choose the worst timing.

Sophie had said that. He was sure of it. With a sigh in her tone and sorrow in her eyes.

He could practically picture it, a furrowing eyebrow as she would reach up to pull it half off. A teasing joke he'd pass on in kindness.

He could almost see it. Almost.

He'd been trying to remember his memories since he realized what Sophie must have done, so far he'd only succeeded in remembering one sentence and giving himself multiple headaches while Ro stared at him the whole time. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath.

"Got anything better to do Hunkyhair?" Ro asked and he opened his eyes annoyed.

"Not really, it's not like anyone's got any ideas how to get Kyes family back." He said and swallowed a frustrated sigh at his mothers cruelty. When was it ever going to end?

"What about blondie?" Ro asked and he groaned inwardly, he really didn't want to talk about Sophie at the moment. He knew she probably had her own reason she deemed important to take a memory away but... he once had told her not to hide these things from him. Couldn't she learn to trust him the way he trusted her?

"She's busy." Keefe said and Ro lifted an eyebrow.

"I hate to say it Lord Hunkyhair but the way you're acting is pretty pathetic, you know blondie would love to see you."

Pathetic? You're not pathetic.

The words appeared in a flash, piercing his soul and encasing his entire being. And yet they left as fast as they came as he struggled to hold on too the remnants of the memory.

Where had he heard that?

Closing his eyes once more and earning himself a sigh from Ro, he focused, taking a deep breath before exploring his newfound memory's till it centered on those few words.

Chestnut brown eyes filled his mind as he imagined the conversation, the moment, the tone, anything.

Sophie.

With her frantic eyes staring into his... No. Not staring... piercing. Like claws inside his mind that never let go.

She'd been inside his mind before she took the memory.

Of course.

But... why?

If he knew anything about Foster it was that she always had a reason, or a motivation. Just something to help her on her path.

So what was it this time?

What was she fighting for now?

Help him.

The words boomed inside his head, an almost rasping screech that made his heart crack. It was twisted, a twisted form of... Sophie's voice?

How...

How did her voice get in his head?

It wasn't a transmission. That always felt different, more delicate somehow, at least more than this harsh scream.

But what did it mean?

It's time.

There it was again, and yet it was new, a different form of her voice, somehow...

It's time to go.

Now the voice was taking over, turning to a lush darkness that consumed his soul, breaking his walls and crashing down his ability to keep going.

Fight it Keefe.

This time the voice felt right.

True.

And as if a trigger it all came rushing back to him, a swirling mist of memory's dashing across his mind.

"You're Keefe Sencen. Master prankster who keeps everyone on their toes."

"one of the best guys I know."

"You can't insult that person."

"I like that person."

And finally the sentence he'd been waiting for since he met Sophie.

I love that person.

~~~{ Sophie's Perspective }~~~

"Sophie! It's time for dinner. Kyes playing outside with the alicorns." Edaline called from downstairs, her cheerful tone interrupting her confusing daydream.

"Oh." Sophie mumbled, not sure what to do with herself, she'd been hoping to go see Keefe in a few minutes but...

"Sophie!" Grady called from downstairs and she let out a long groan, there was no way Grady would let her miss dinner to see Keefe. Edaline maybe, but Grady? Never.

Sighing once more she got up from laying on her bed and slowly crossed over to the stairs before coming down.

"I have some exciting news." Edaline said as Sophie sat at the table in a cloud full of dreer.

"Oh?" Sophie asked dismissively, everything was so... complicated now. It was hard to keep her head out of the clouds.

"Yes and I know it'll take some ge-"

"Sophie?" Grady interrupted Edaline who paused in her smile and narrowed her eyes as Grady passed a silent message between the two of them.

"What's going on?" Sophie asked, albeit very confused and slightly frustrated about everything in the world.

"Keefe came by earlier, he wants to talk to you." Grady said and surprisingly didn't look the least bit bothered by the fact.

"Oh, do you know why?" Or when?

"Something about how he has a question to ask you, I offered to let him inside but he said he had to do something first...?" Grady said and added a pointed look that only made her even more confused.

"Okay... so I guess I'll go over to his house tomorrow." Sophie said, trying to make sure she'd remember everything.

"There's no need."

A voice behind her alarmed her, causing her to turn around

"I'm right here."

Keefe.