Disoriented

"I'm right here." Keefe said cooly as Sophie turned around to face him, her face set aflame in shock.

"Keefe," She said, looking slightly relieved and yet alarmed at the same time, and he could feel as much with his enhanced empathy, or perhaps enhanced wasn't the right word. More like... evolved.

"Come with me." Keefe spoke before Sophie could ask any questions, quickly he dashed outside, not missing the pointed look Grady hurtled his way. Knowing exactly what it meant from there conversation earlier and the instances he'd told Grady about afterwards.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Sophie." Keefe called from outside Havenfield, his thoughts alert and set on the fritz from his earlier revelations. Pounding on the door he sighed, contemplating how in the world Sophie could keep so much from him. Suddenly the door opened and instead of meeting the eyes of the blonde beauty he was face to face with Grady.

"Oh Keefe I didn't see you there." Grady said, a casual openness in his eyes and yet a heightened sense of emotions flitting around him that begged another question to be asked.

"I'm here to see Sophie," Keefe said dryly, noting the change in Grady's emotions when he heard his daughters name spoken in such a way.

"She's up in her room." Grady said and for some reason he couldn't bring himself to walk inside, what was he supposed to say? That he liked her? That he felt... betrayed somehow? Or should he just pretend nothing happened? What... what was he supposed to do about all this?

"Keefe? You okay there?" Grady asked, bringing him out of his frenzy of mindless thoughts.

"Yeah I'm fine, I... guess I should see Sophie now." Keefe said and his tone sounded more deflated than he meant it too. Meanwhile Grady was analyzing him and he couldn't help but feel self conscious under his gaze.

"You should, shouldn't you," Grady said analytically.
"but you came here for something else didn't you?"

The question didn't come as much of a query, or in much surprise as he found himself nodding. It was indeed true he needed to speak to Sophie soon, but for some reason he wasn't ready for that yet, something was holding him back.

"I suppose so."

"maybe seeing Kye might help you out."  Grady said, offering advice that was surprisingly helpful.

Keefe nodded as he realized that actually might help him in some peculiar way. In full truth he hadn't come for Kye, but now that the occasion arose he realized that may be just what would cheer him up and clear his thoughts.

"She's out with the alicorns, she loves them." Grady said and stayed at the door as Keefe started to leave.

"Tell me before you go." Grady uttered in a cool tone that spoke volumes of concern he hadn't known was there.

And even still  those words stayed in his mind the whole time as he allowed a short nod before going to find Kye.

"Keefe!" Kye yelled as he came into view, a smile lighting up her face as his timid frown changed into the ever-loosening smirk

"Hello Kye." Keefe said as his half sister rushed towards him and hugged his legs.

"What're you here for?" Kye asked, blinking her blue eyes sweetly at him. In spite of his mood he snorted at the little girl's expression. But seconds later a familiar voice wiped the grin off both of their faces.

"I don't know what he's here for. But I have some ideas for this conversation."

Gisela.