Unprepared

"So... you just want to walk inside Havenfield where Grady will probably end up killing me?" Keefe asked as they appeared outside of Havenfield, hidden and unnoticed.

"You're right." Sophie said groaning, she really should have thought this through more. What with finding new clothes without trackers, hiding Keefe-hiding herself!-and even worse... she hadn't even told Keefe about Edaline. Or how her and Grady's relationship recently was less than good.

Sighing she reached her hand up too pull off an eyelash but Keefe grabbed her it stopping her. There eyes connected for a brief second, a hidden message in the look and yet somehow she couldn't decipher it.

All she saw was his ice blue eyes staring at her.

"We need a new plan." Keefe said after a second, letting go of her hand and looking away, allowing Sophie to escape his gaze and collect herself. She had to get better at this.

"Yeah..." Sophie's voice trailed off as she looked around, Sandor must be looking for her by now. But she had hopefully moved around enough so that her trackers didn't work. But she'd need some new clothes.

"Okay, do you know where I can get some clothes to where very fast?" Sophie questioned, waiting for Keefe too respond as he considered this.

"Well the obvious place is with Biana. But I think we should consider other options... how about Marella? You two are about the same size." Keefe said after a minute and Sophie nodded, hopefully Marella would be in a good mood, or even better... not there.

"Let's try to keep you hidden all right?" Sophie said as she took his hand, her fingers tingling from his touch for some reason.

"You want me all to yourself Foster?" Keefe teased, a loose smirk on his face.

Sophie held back a smile as her cheeks warmed, earning herself a,
"Awww I've missed making Foster blush!"

Shaking her head happily she levitated them, dropped and fell into the void. Picturing Marella's house she plummeted down with Keefe, too see the slightly familiar home.

"Still have to work on those landings Foster." Keefe muttered, and she shrugged, now wasn't time for petty conversations, she hardly had any time before Sandor found her. He was one tough goblin to get away from.

"Come on." Sophie said and walked around too the door, "stay outside and don't draw attention to yourself."

"See that's going to be pretty hard, seeing as I have such amazing hair." Keefe said and struck a pose, causing her to burst into laughter, a smile searing across her lips as she watched him.

She'd missed this.

She walked over to him, a smile playing on both of there lips, his smirk softened into a smile as she nudged him. He leaned closer too her, just enough so she could feel his warm breathe on her cheeks. Her heart fluttered treacherously as he took her hand in his own.

"Foster I-"

"Keefe?" A familiar voice interupted his words. Which caused both her and Keefe too jump away from each other, and obviously she was madly blushing.

Marella.

Sophie composed her self after a second and turned to face her, a confused look on Marella's face.

"Linh told me you were missing...?" Marella's voice trailed off when her gaze dashed from Keefe too Sophie.

"Wait." A smug look appeared in her eyes. "Are you guys together?"

"No!" Sophie yelled, probably louder than she should've, and she couldn't sworn hurt flashes in Keefe's eyes but it must have been her imagination. Right?

"Foster wont admit it." Keefe said, winking at her as she rolled her eyes.

"No. But just... can I borrow some clothes? And can you keep quiet about this? I promise I will explain everything over an imparter call. But we have too hide Keefe for awhile, and me since I went after him." Sophie blurted it out, watching as Marella considered this, scared when a thoughtful look appeared in her eyes, a slow smile that almost looked ominous appearing on her lips.

"I'll do all those things as long as I get an explanation," Sophie nodded, knowing that she was going to ask more.
"and if I get to know first when you too are official." Marella said, launching them a devious look.

Sophie's cheeks flamed, "that'll never happen."
She said quickly.

"Aww see? Foster's still in denial." Keefe chimed in, his voice teasing.

Sophie rolled her eyes again. "Can I just have the clothes now?"

"Yeah." Marella said, leading them inside, a smirk tugging at her lips.

~~~

"Finally Foster. It took you forever to kill all those trackers. But you know you can't hide forever right? And you'll need more clothes too." Keefe said, which unnerved Sophie all the more, since when was he so good at remembering what she needed?

"Yeah but we'll get those later, for now let's just find a place to stay. Any ideas?" Sophie asked,

"Wow you too staying in the same place for a few days will certainly be interesting. Maybe even eye opening?" Marella flashed a glance at Keefe that made his demeanor sink slightly.

"Thanks for the clothes." Sophie said abruptly, (the clothes was weirdly polka dotted) trying to excuse herself from the topic.

Marella took one look at them and left the room, muttering something about obliviousness.

"Let's just go, Keefe." Sophie said after a minute,
"I have an idea where we can be for at least a few days."

"And where's that?" Keefe asked.

"The Shores of Solace."