Foster

Keefe yawned, last night he'd hardly slept a wink. He'd let Kye have Mrs. Stinkybottom in her room and he may have missed her desperately.

But now he was piecing a puzzle together with her outside. Mrs. Mcfield had taken Jack to the dentists office (whatever that was). And he only had to sit back and relax as Kye looked for the connecting pieces.

Glancing around he admired the blue birds flitting around them, each chirping a newly bred song. He'd grown used to how things were at the house, having spent almost a week there. And it really did help him, he hadn't had to worry about his powers for days. But...

He missed Foster.

Just the thought of her name made his heart ache, he yearned to see her, to make her blush, too feel her emotions... anything.

Glancing towards his bag next to him he shifted slightly. There was an imparter... he could reach Sophie. But would he dare? Could he really? All he had to do was... no. He couldn't risk it. If Foster found out where he was there would be no stopping her, she'd try to get him to come. And he couldn't do that... not when he was finally getting somewhere with his powers. Not when this family needed him, and anyways... he couldn't be around Foster. Her emotions were too intense.

But why could he be around humans? He wondered looking at the smile on Kye's face. For some reason he didn't feel any emotions riveting around her like he usually did with humans. In fact even when he touched her the emotions were diluted. As if watered down by something. Which was especially unusual considering humans were usually the most highly sensitive when it came to emotions and empaths.

But even with all that logical reasoning he couldn't help but wish he could be around Sophie.

"Keefe! Look there's a lady bug." Kye shouted, pointing at a flying red dot. He laughed as she ran off to chase it.

Shaking his head fondly he took out the imparter, he didn't move to turn it on, instead he just stared at it. He was so close. So close to hearing her voice. It was so simple.

He could just call her name and she'd be right there. Her smile... her brown eyes. He might even get to see her laugh.

And all he had to do was say her name.

Maybe he cou-

"Keefe!" Kye called frantically, racing towards him with a panicked yet curious look in her eyes.

"What is it?" Keefe asked, waiting too see what in the world could make her look so startled.

"A girl dropped out of the sky!"

Keefe froze, hardly allowing himself to breathe as he turned to face Kye. He searched her gaze for any trace of joke, any bits that might suggest that her otherwise declared statement wasn't to be taken seriously. But as he checked he knew it was truth, and there was only one elf who could do that.

Foster.

"Where?" Keefe asked slowly, hardly processing which direction she pointed too, but turned his head anyways.

And than he saw it.

He'd turned to face a tree he'd never see before, which seemed pretty stupid since it completely stood out. And of course it didn't help that there was a blonde figure rubbing her head right in front of it, which made it stand out all the more.

Keefe hardly registered Kyes next words,

"Is that-"

"Foster." Keefe breathed out the word, hardly stopping himself from rushing over to her.