1

Passion.

Passion is something so strong when you want something. It is the motivation that drives you.

For Averie Wilson, passion meant expressing yourself—and what better way to express yourself than putting it into what you wear?

For this exact reason, Averie has always been drawn to fashion. The fashion industry has been calling her name since she was merely a child. Which was why today—today was crucial for her.

"Can you please stop tapping Aves, it's getting annoying."

Averie looked up at her best friend, smirking at the comment. "Sorry Mila, you know how nervous I am."

To anyone passing by in the little restaurant, they would think it's a normal day for the two girls. But in reality, today determines Averies future—hence why she's so nervous.

Suddenly the phone in Averie's hand rang, and she couldn't have been quicker to pick it up.

"Hello?"

Camila watched the girl in front of her, completely dazed. Her face was splotchy and red, dark hair flowing in front of her face—to which she messily pushed back. It was clear there was something on her mind.

Camila raised an eyebrow as she took a bite of her food, to which Averie just waved her hands to dismiss it.

Averie rolled her eyes so far back before replying, "Ugh mom you know I'll call you if I find out. I thought this was them, stop calling me."

And she hung up before the other line could utter another word.

Guilt flashed through her caramel eyes, immediately picking her phone back up and calling back.

"I'm sorry mom. I'm stressed," she whined. She let her head fall into her palm and frowned. "Okay I love you, bye."

A wreck is what she was right now.

"You only applied like 2 hours ago, give it a break," her friend assured. "If you're lucky you'll get a call in maybe a week."

Averie rolled her eyes at this. A week.

There was nothing she hated more than waiting. At the same time, she was hesitant to pick up the phone when they did call.

Pushing around the food on her plate she let out a scoff. "If they call anytime soon it might mean I didn't get accepted. They could have just looked at my resume and immediately said no."

"Usually you're confident about your work. What's wrong with you—tell me."

Averie thought about the question. What was wrong? Well there were many answers to this question if things didn't work out as she planned.

"It's just so competitive, Mila."

Here she was, only hours after applying for a job to work under the most well known, but unidentified designer at one of the top brands worldwide.

She had turned in her resume, and was waiting for a call to see if she got an interview or not. The crucial part was that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. She could be successful at such a young age, but only if this went smoothly.

"I'm not sure if I'm as qualified as I thought I was when I found out about the job opening," she said plainly.

It was the truth. She was still fairly young, just out of college. There weren't many opportunities to get good experiences for her resume. At the same time, she knew she had a gift for designing. She was told she was the best in her class, and she knew it.

But this wasn't school anymore.

This was the real world, and it was cruel.

And for such a competitive field, Averie would be lucky if the company she applied to took a spare minute to check her name over the designs.

Oh, and this was the greatest opportunity to work directly under a designer she had ever seen. To work under a designer of such a top brand was absurd. It was almost ridiculous.

Mature Divinity was a luxury lingerie brand, like lingerie for Versace or Givenchy. Even more known than Victoria's Secret.

When Averie first saw the ad she laughed, thought it was a joke. It was only when she saw a different ad of the same thing was when she took it seriously.

That's why she was nervous.

Her best friend Camila could tell how nervous she was, but it wasn't doing her any good.

"Just eat your food and wait. There's not much more you can do now is there? Just relax," Camila raised her eyebrow.

After mumbling an "I suppose not," Averie shook her head and looked up once more. "Guess I shouldn't worry until I have to, hm?"

After about half an hour Averie finally loosened up and was back to cracking jokes and being witty like usual, thanks to her observant best friend.

The two have been friends for as long as they can remember. A story that always brings a smile to Averies face. It had to do with a red mishap, that happened to be a fortune of serendipity.

"And then you—you spilled all of the ketchup on me—," she cut herself off laughing. They liked to bring up the story once in a while to have a good laugh.

"But let's not forget that I had to clean it all up! You didn't even help me!" Camila complained.

"We were like 7 what did you want me to do?"

"Well you just sat there laughing that my pants got stained in ketchup." Mila rolled her eyes at the memory.

"And then we were besties forever, right?" Averie teased.

"Of course."

After eating their lunch, they decided on walking back to their apartment because of how nice the weather was. It was always nice weather in Los Angeles but today it felt different, calmer.

One foot after the other, calming walks with her soul best friend was what Averie needed. The outside air, the fresh smell of oxygen, soothes her in a way nothing else can. It grounds her.

"I wonder why no one knows who founded Mature Divinity, I mean wouldn't you want to be known as the person who invented it?" Mila pondered.

It was strange, Averie thought.

"You would think they would want to be famous for it, in the fashion world at least," she started. "Maybe it's someone who doesn't want to be known for it? Though I can't imagine who wouldn't want to be known for designer brand lingerie."

"Well perhaps I'll find out soon, maybe they're cute. Maybe I'll get special privileges because we'll fall in love and have cute little model designer babies," Averie teased.

Camila nudged her arm, making the two of them giggle. "Yeah right, and maybe they're a hot billionaire who falls in love with you first because well—you're irresistible."

"That's right Mila, which is why no one can resist me, or my application. Everything I do is just perfect,"

Still laughing, Mila rolled her eyes. "Don't get too cocky on me now Aves, save that for the interview."

"If I get the interview."

"When you get the interview."

A/N
hi let me know what u think of this so far it might be slow but WHATEVER < 3
-hay