17

double update yay feed me cookies

Averie wasn't a party girl, never has been.

There was just something about the loudness and extreme cramming of drunk, excited bodies that made her too anxious and fretful to go to most.  Despite this, she couldn't not go to this party. Especially if Malfoy specifically told her to not be late.

Would it be considered late if she never went in the first place?

If she had to go, she just hoped it was as tolerable as Zara had been saying it would be. She's been talking about this fashion party since they met, Averie was sure she was more than thrilled for the moment to finally happen. She definitely was more of a party animal than Averie was.

Her reflection stared back at her as she came back to the present, the big bathroom mirror displayed in front of her body. She'd easily climbed up onto the sink counter to be able to properly do her makeup for the night—without any mistakes. Her feet tucked underneath her body as she leaned back on them, makeup bag right next to her.

Tonight she wanted to look her best.

Averie made sure to mount on glitter to her eyeshadow, just for an extra touch. She wasn't sure how formal this event would be- if it was at all.

Better to be overdressed than under, she thought. Especially because she didn't know who was to attend this party. Surely it couldn't be just the four from Mature Divinity, it would probably be all of the brands featured at the show.

Once she was done powdering her face in a faint blush and coloring her lips a sexy shade of red, Averie tried on some of her possible outfit choices. She could have just gone in what she'd worn to the show, it was along the lines of elegant enough for a party, but she wanted to let loose tonight. Try to be a different version of herself, just for one night.

What's the worst that can happen?

After ditching a few modest looks, she decided upon something different, yet the same style she was used to. She wore an all black lace bralette, underneath a transparent long sleeved button up—though none of the buttons were done. The material around her arms were puffed, leaving a charming effect on her body. The sheer shirt was tucked into a short leather skirt, only covering what needed to be covered. To top the look off she decided on some silver sparkly sandals, strapping around her ankles.

The look was daring, but made her seem mysterious, in her eyes.

After choosing to keep her silky locks in a slick ponytail, she took one last look in the grand mirror to make sure she was ready—and she was.

Averie had always had a confident aura around her, but tonight it was different. Almost electric.

And so she made her way towards the hallway elevators, knowing she was a bit late to the party. Which was fine, she hated being the first person to arrive somewhere.

They'd been told the party was directly in the chateau, though Averie had no idea where. The building was large enough to get lost in, and she would have been if not for the loud music blaring throughout the main floor. She easily followed the sound and the groups of people weaving their way in and out of a grand door up the hall.

She realized it was a ballroom that the party was in—how fitting. It definitely wasn't as graceful as a ball. In fact it wasn't professional at all. If Averie didn't know any better, she would have thought teenagers put this party together. She was lucky she wore something as risqué to the occasion.

The girl was a bit shocked at the scene, how juvenile this little party came to be.

Averie definitely didn't think Draco Malfoy was one for wild parties, but at the same time it made sense. He looked to be in his element as she spotted him talking to some men with a glass in his hand, a boyish smile on his lips.