21

Today was the day that Averie had been waiting for.

She only had waited two days for it, but it still felt like forever.

Today was Wednesday—the first day of her new job at La Perla. It was so exciting for her, to be able to start fresh with experience. To have a job where she knew the workers there would be kind to her. At least she hoped they would.

It would definitely be different. No Draco, no Zara, no Lucas, and most thankfully—no Pansy. She was especially grateful for the last one.

Though of course she knew she would miss her friends.

Averie had called Zara up a few hours after she had gotten back home after her dramatic exit. She explained everything that went through her mind on what happened, why she left. Being the amazing friend that she was, the girl understood completely and knew she was making the right choice for herself. That part made her smile because that's all she wanted to do—make the right choice in her life.

Zara said she was naturally upset that she was leaving, but still was proud of her.

The two had a nice conversation, involving mentions of a certain blonde, which Zara said she was almost positive they would have worked it all out. It was obvious that she was rooting for them to have some romantic moment where they were supposed to realize that they were soulmates or whatever.

Obviously that didn't happen, she was wrong.

She had also brought up how after Averie left the building, Malfoy locked himself in own office for hours. Didn't even come out once until everyone was gone.

Being as curious as she was, Zara waited for the mysterious man to get out of his office before she went home. According to her, he looked distressed telling her to "fuck off," when she asked what his problem was. That was expected, though.

In Averie's opinion, Zara had too high of expectations for their 'relationship' if you could even call it that. Maybe she saw some tension here and there but now that heat has fizzled out into nothing. It was purely physical attraction.

This time she was sure of it.

What did confuse her though, was the fact that her apartment hadn't been ripped apart from her the second she quit.

Mature Divinity had paid for her home, she didn't spend a single dime on the rent either. She assumed that in a couple days she'd get a notice saying she would have to leave, maybe an email from Draco himself. It was a shame—the space had been perfect for her, but she'd relocate if she had to. It was the work she was here for.

Averie stumbled out of bed, her energy high to start the day. It was only eight in the morning and she was already feeling thrilled.

So she got ready, eager to do something. She sang her favorite songs in the shower as she washed her hair and rinsed her body of all previous negativity. She still was singing as she dried off, blowing her hair out with a hairdryer to speed the process up.

Then came the very, very tough decision on what she was going to wear on the first day.

First impressions were still everything to her.

After some careful consideration and thinking, she decided to wear something similar to what she wore on her first day at Mature Divinity. Granted, she wanted a fresh start, but this was just one cute outfit, it would represent her small change.

She wore the same black flared dress pants with a soft rosy pink silk top instead this time. And of course she wore her favorite, lucky pair of black heels. Simple, modest, and made her look professional.