20

Averie woke up the next morning with a feather-like light feeling in her body.

Almost as if a heavy weight was lifted from her shoulders, her whole body felt free.

It was definitely because she felt better about herself now.

She woke up feeling almost like a new person, and she respected herself. She was able to make a hard decision on her own to be better—to better herself only. It was important that she put herself first over anyone.

That small bit was very important.

Theo had left her sometime in the early morning hours, while she was still half asleep. He couldn't stay because he had to get ready for work, which Averie completely understood. She vaguely remembered him mumbling on about how excited he was to start working with her, which Averie thought might have been a dream. She was probably more than just half asleep when he left, she couldn't blame herself. She was up later than she thought she would be, doing nothing but thinking—unsurprisingly.

She thought about what she had to do the next day. It would be Tuesday, meaning that she started working at La Perla just the very next day. It didn't give Averie any time in between, but she didn't need it. She was just anxious to start at this new job. But in order to do that she would have to actually leave her other job. She would have to go in there and announce that she was quitting.

It wasn't going to be easy, but it would be relieving.

She probably could have quit by just a mere phone call, but she still had to gather all of her belongings from her desk at the building. Though it wasn't her sacred book which she had in her apartment now, the things were still of value to her. She couldn't leave without them.

Not to mention she wanted to see the look on Malfoy and Pansy's faces when they realize she had had enough, and wasn't going to tolerate them anymore.

Averie groaned loudly as she propped herself up on the bed, realizing she would have to actually get up soon to get her things, but she didn't want to face anyone.

She didn't want to face anyone ever.

But if she absolutely had to—she knew what to do.

This company had wronged her, made her cry, feel useless. If she wasn't so strong she knew she would have broken already. Perhaps that was exactly what Malfoy wanted—for her to break. She couldn't imagine what he was thinking when he was being so utterly and entirely rude to her, but she could only think it was so she would break.

She guessed that somehow, her breaking down would result in benefits for himself.

And though her first rule was to put herself over anyone—this was different. He wronged her.

Now she can only show him what he was missing out on.

So she dressed in one of her most daring outfits, the ones she wore before were merely lounge clothes compared to this. The set was matching—two pieces of the same, see through material that shimmered almost as bright as the stars. The top piece had a ring in the center of her breasts, pulling the material that covered them together. The skirt was high waisted, starting just at her waist and ending mid-thigh.

The great part was that the skirt was completely see through, showing off her little pink panties—and oh, were they little.

If her mother saw her in this outfit she would probably be slapped. That just means it was hot. Exactly what she was aiming for.

She decided to wear extravagant heels, matching the same soft pink color of her two piece. The heels were
six inches platforms, the material velvety and the outside decorated with strings of pearls and charms. They were one of Averies favorite pairs, but she never wore them out a lot.