3

The two were walking on the boardwalk close to where their little house lay, arms linked and giggling at jokes each other made.

"Before we go home can we actually stop by in Malibu?" Averie questioned.

"Malibu? That's like a half hour drive, what do you need that you have to go to Malibu for?"

"There's an office for Mature Divinity down there, that's where I went for my application. I just need my designs back," she started to explain. "It's time to move on from this, it's getting pretty sad actually."

"Okay, let's go then."

And so they took a music filled drive to Malibu, just west to where they lived. Windows down, wind in their hair while they belt the notes to their favorite songs playing. Averie drived of course, since she's been to the building a few weeks prior. While Camila controlled the music being played.

Once Averie found the sleek black building, she told Camila to stay put and don't go looking around for hot single guys on the sidewalkin her words, and prodded into the office.

But as she opened the door and looked down at what she was wearing, she realized she could have been dressed more appropriately. She was only wearing a silk black slip dress that went up to her mid thigh, with some white slip on sneakers. Her bathing suit was under it, and you could probably see the outline of it too. She looked like a mess going into a big fashion company's office.

How ironic, she thought.

When she stepped inside, the first thing she noticed there was a big black desk with a perky receptionist sitting at it.

Racks of expensive looking, carefully styled clothes, but mostly lingerie filled the room. Everything was very trendy and elegant and it showed.

Averie walked into the receptionists view, waiting for the busied girl to look up and acknowledge her, before speaking.

She looked up and smiled warmly, adjusting her glasses, then scanning Averie up and down. "Hi, I'm Fallon, what can I do for ya?"

"I applied for a position here, but it was rejected and well—I just need my designs back. I dropped my application off here, so I came back for them," she tried to say confidently. She couldn't show that the rejection hurt.

Hope sets you up for failure in the first place.

It's a dangerous thing.

And she knew that.

"Sure, what's your name?" she asked as she spun around in her chair, sifting through a pile of folders on the large desk behind her.

"Averie Wilson."

Fallon then turned around, looking at her oddly. "Wilson? No honey you're mistaken then," she insisted.

"I'm sorry?"

The young receptionist took a folder from the pile and held her arm out, motioning for Averie to take it.

She hesitantly took it, opening the file up to the first page, which was her application. On the top there was a crooked stamp-like lettering. In big bold characters, 'ACCEPTED' was screaming off of the page over Averie's handwriting.

"I don't understand? I was called not too long ago today, they said I was rejected," Averie disbelievingly muttered.

Fallon rolled her eyes, mumbling words not for Averie's ears. "Martin!" she called out unexpectedly, making the confused girl in front of her flinch.

Averie was confused, but mostly in shock. She didn't want to believe what she was hearing was true, because hope was dangerous.

A younger man came stumbling in from the hallway, with stacks of fabric in his hands.

"Miss Tusin, how can I help you."

"Were you the one who handled the phone calls today? Yes or no," Sophie asked authoritatively.

"Yes ma'am I did. Perfect job too," he smiled.

"No you idiot, you messed it all up!"

Fallon turned her head back to Averie, motioning for Martin to say something, shooting him a glare when he didn't.

"This is Averie Wilson, and she claims to have gotten a call that she was rejected. Care to tell me why?"

Averie just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Averie Wilson was denied, Averie Wild was accepted," he says, defending himself.

Fallon grabbed the folder back out of Averie's hands, showing him the proof. "You idiot interns never read anything correctly, what's the point in hiring you then?"

Martin shrugs, mumbling a pathetic sorry, before turning to Averie. "Welcome then."

Averie smiled, tilting her head, "Welcome?"

"Yeah," Fallon interjected.

"Welcome to Mature Divinity."

A/N

This wasn't supposed to be a double update but this one is short anyways. And I liked it better split into 2

~hay