12

this chap is dedicated to faexbellee because she came up with a scene for this chapter (idk how to do the dedicating thingy whatevs) anyway love u bella loca

Averie's consciousness startled awake to the loud and blasting sound of her alarm.

Why did it have to be so aggressive?

She slowly rubbed the sleep from her eyes with a groan, yawning into her palm after. It then dawned on her how last night went.

Her date with Theodore.

A small smile coasted her face as she thought of it.

She had a fairly good time considering all that she had been feeling recently. Two days ago he had asked her out, and she was a bit weary about it. But she couldn't deny the attraction she felt towards him after they parted ways. It was painfully obvious that he was an attractive man, but above that she felt wanted.

And isn't that what everyone wishes to be—wanted?

For being shut out most of her life by the people she was forced to love, she wanted to be someone's everything. For once.

And she felt seen on the date.

Theodore was respectful, sweet. He was like warm sunshine on a dreary day. Somehow he managed to make her laugh the hardest she's laughed in a long time. She was comfortable with him.

Averie knew it had only been one date; but she thought she liked him.

Theo understood the ropes of fashion as she did—for some time he worked at the same place she was, and he still worked in the area. That was important to her, to have someone who understood the ways of fashion. And Theo did.

Maybe he was the one?

No.

Averie shook her head as she had that thought. It was way too early to tell anything more than what she liked about the brunette. Besides, she wasn't one to move too fast.

In fact, she was probably the most slow paced person she knew in relationship terms. Sure she's dated before, but nothing went too far.

Averie was just too insecure to go further than a kiss.

It wasn't her fault, insecurity was a monster. Even more than jealousy sometimes. It ate her up until it got to a point where she couldn't commit to anything—with even someone who she trusts the most. But that wasn't saying much either, she had trust issues as well.

Theo had taken her to a fancy restaurant downtown, it was the exact definition of a perfect first date, almost too perfect. Averie had worn a small black slip dress, nothing too exquisite. He was a usual flirt, complimenting her to beyond and making her blush. He had also insisted on paying—which Averie couldn't argue with.

It was a nice 2 hours.

Theo had also insisted on walking her back to her apartment complex, which she hadn't minded at all. He was a true gentleman, which was a nice contrast compared to the man she usually had to see everyday—he wasn't a gentleman at all.

Theo had placed a suave kiss on the back of her hand, and she went to bed shortly after, feeling wanted. He hadn't tried to make a move, which Averie was more than grateful for. He seemed good for her.

Hopefully that would last.

After getting ready for the day, Averie walked to work in a good mood. It was a beautiful day after all, not a single cloud in the vast sky. She wasn't sure what was in store for her today—she never wasbut she was determined not to let anything get to her. Not Draco, not Pansy, not whatever silly and frustrating task she would probably be assigned to.