16

Something between the lines of elation and uncertainty bubbled within Averies body.

It was just a few hours after the group had gotten back to their hotel from the runway show, where Averie supposedly won the competition.

After Malfoy announced that she wasn't being fired that day, Averie rushed up to her room—their roombefore she had the mischance to talk to him again. When the interns were about to leave to freshen up from the long ride, he told them to be ready for the annual Milan party hosted by Mature Divinity, which was late tomorrow night.

All she wanted to do as of right now was rest.

Malfoy hadn't been in the hotel room since they arrived, luckily for her. It gave Averie more time to process everything that happened— and she needed it.

She decided to take a long, hot shower to bring her some peace. Which was exactly what she was doing.

The lavender scent of the shampoo eased the unsettled nerves as she massaged her scalp with it, it was her favorite.

Firstly Averie was processing her win, the fact that she had actually impressed her boss enough to make him choose her designs over Zara's.

If she were to be completely honest, she didn't expect to win. Sure she was confident, maybe a little too confident sometimes, but dealing with Malfoy as a boss was a whole other thing. He was insufferable to talk to, and didn't mentor her at all. Averie didn't even know he liked any of her designs, much less enough for her to win.

When he called her name, she half expected him to play a sick joke and laugh in her face, saying that Zara won instead of her—just to make her look like a fool in front of her co-workers. That hasn't happened yet though, so she tried to not expect the worst.

She wasn't sure how she won—not just because of Malfoys unnecessary hatred, but because of the incident that happened. Averie wasn't sure what exactly happened, her mind was still wrapping around it, trying to piece things together.

Overall she was just confused. She didn't expect for Zara's collection to have designs so completely matched to hers, especially because they were the ones she was most proud of.

Which also led to her confusion about why she won instead of Zara, when hers came out first. Anyone else would have easily thought Averie copied her competitor, because of the order they came out. She was suspicious of Pansy at first because of her smug look when it was shown, and how everyone else looked just as confused as Averie was.

It wouldn't be surprising for her to try and sabotage Averies whole career.

But what was surprising was the fact that despite their more than similar designs, Malfoy still chose her to win. She got the publicity from it, her collection would be featured at all Mature Divinity stores, titled Averie Wilson: Summer in Milan. In addition to that, she also would be allowed to conduct the next show's lineup, whenever that may be.

This was only her first of many collections, and she knew that.

But was it a set up?

Would Malfoy just make her look like a fool and get her hopes up?

Was he that cruel?

Averie shook her head as she thought of all the possibilities. It didn't matter what had happened or how, all that mattered was that she won, and she was more than proud of herself for that.

After scrubbing every inch of her body clean, she turned the shower tap off, ready to step out and dry herself off. Of course the only towel was black and embroidered with DM on the corner of it. She rolled her eyes at the fact that Malfoy had his own custom towels. Still, it was the only one she had, and so she had to use it.