25

It was a long shot decision—Draco buying the company.

It was in the moment, something he initially thought of but never really expected to go through with.

But he did go through with it, for her. Anything to get her back into his clutches. Not to own her or her designs, but to demonstrate how different of a person he could be for her, if she let him of course.

It's been a few months since Averie had quit, and Draco took action straight away with the business. However, buying a million dollar brand wasn't an overnight affair. It took time. Too much yet still not enough time to prepare seeing Averie. This was the first step in it all.

First he had to make a deal so grand that Julia Haart would have to accept it. Make it too big for her to even think of rejecting the offer.

And Draco...well he had money. In fact, the cost of the company barely even made a dent in his wallet, he would hardly notice it.

Convincing Julia to meet with him was hard, though. That took about a full month on it's own. Once they had settled on the deal, the paperwork took an overwhelming amount of time to complete. And in the middle of the buying process, some paperwork got messed up so he had to sign the entirety of it again. It turned out that buying a company wasn't as easy as Draco had remembered. But after months of trying to finalize the process, it was done. He was now the owner of both huge lingerie companies—La perla and Mature Divinity.

Not like he needed the extra money, but he'd take it anyway. Truthfully, he just wanted a valid reason to see Averie again.

Then he wondered how her and Theo were, wondered if she'd figured it out yet.

Draco didn't even know where to begin with him.

He had first hired Theo a few years back as an event planner and immediately regretted it. He couldn't listen for the life of him, always messed up coordination when Draco had specially told him what to do. Other times he took it into his own hands, not even consulting the ideas Draco had in mind. He was a horrible planner, horrible worker with horrible ethics.

But Draco saw right through him.

Theodore was jealous of Dracos success, jealous of how many girls he could pull, and jealous of the power he had over almost everything in the fashion industry.

So the boy tried to take away what Draco had, only failed miserably. It was unreasonable at the time, but now Theo was playing with someone he didn't deserve. Something that Draco could see wasn't real. And he couldn't help but wonder if it was because of their little fued. He wondered if Theo recognized Averies energy with Draco, and that's why he went after her—for revenge on him. Or maybe he was thinking too much about it.

Not everything was about him, anyway.

But it was about her. And he hadn't seen her in months.

He was craving to see her, simply see her docile and cute self. But until the business of buying was completed, he knew he couldn't. He still had a plan, plus right now she probably still hated his guts. To be honest, Draco didn't know what he would do when she would work under him in the same building again.

All he knew was that being around her actually made him...nervous. And he hated it.

He hated it so much, because he was realizing that it was only her. Her grace and elegance that made him feel unworthy of her time.

Of course this wasn't the case when she first started working under him. Draco recalled when he reacted to meeting her after finding out Averies name. How he was so mean to her. That was never intentional, but he didn't know what else to say to someone who he felt threatened by.