29

One minute.

Sixty consecutive seconds.

It seemed so insignificant in retrospect—one mere minute out of a total of over a thousand per day.

But one minute is all it takes for something life changing to occur, whether it be for better or for worse.

Time was a fiddle thing, something that couldn't be stretched and could never be reversed. There was no way to escape it, no way to alter the sequence. Though some might be in desperate need to, when the time doesn't move on according to their pace.

Even when and especially when getting ready for something like a date.

Averie knew this to be true—that time waits for no one. Currently she was in her apartment bathroom, ready to throw up out of nerves or excitement...or both. Tidying herself up to her best, figuring out which outfit to wear to her first date with a certain blonde. She was behind schedule, meaning Draco would probably already be on his way to her apartment.

She had completely disordered her whole room in the search for the perfect date outfit. Clothes strewn everywhere, on the bed, floor, bathroom. Averie had even spotted a shirt in her toilet—it surprised her to say the least.

But even as she found her ideal look, she fussed over her hair for about an hour, only to leave it down in the end. The reason she wanted it perfect was because she recalled how much Draco loved her hair. She had no idea he felt that way until he was so verbal about it. She had wondered what his next focus point would be—if they would ever share a night together again. From the way things were looking, both of them were anticipating it happening again. Averie didn't want to admit it but she was thinking about it. She wanted to experience him again in a more tender way.

The curiosity just edged her on to want to wear higher quality lingerie.

Here Averie stood in the grand mirror of her bedroom, assessing if she really liked how she looked right now. Even if she didn't like it, there was no time to change, as the clock just hit five minutes past seven. Draco had told her that he would pick her up at seven o'clock, so either he was late or was there already, waiting.

Averie had hoped it was the first.

Her dress was sage green and short, the same shade as the dress she wore when she first found out Draco was her boss. Only this time it wasn't silk, but crystallized. The neckline was low enough to almost see more than just cleavage, though nothing was shown. It came down to where her fingertips ended meaning her legs were on full display—hopefully they weren't going to be wandering outside for too long or her legs would probably freeze off. She debated wearing stockings to shield her skin from the cold weather, but she figured that it was more enticing with none. Maybe it would be more inviting to the touch.

The dress was just sultry enough to look like lingerie, but classy enough for a date.

What wasn't classy was the fact that she had no bra on, only panties of the same light naturesque shade. Just in case something were to happen.

Just as Averie was applying her eyeliner, the apartment intercom buzzed, making her flinch and draw on a squiggly line instead of a straight one. "Shit."

Draco was here.

Oh god.

Suddenly her nerves multiplied tenfold, her heart racing with adrenaline. She wasn't ready. Quickly she made her way to the door, responding to the intercom as calmly as possible. "Hello?"

"Are you ready?" Draco's distinctive and raspy voice rang.

"Uhm...Yes just—stay there. I'll be down in a few minutes."