30

The whole night had been sort of a blur for Averie—and not because of the wine.

This night proved to be the best date Averie has ever been on. Which moderately surprised her. To think if anyone else had treated her as shitty as Draco did months ago, she would never imagine being on a date with them. But here she is. On a date. With Draco himself.

But it felt so right, having both of her arms coiled around his strong one as he expertly weaved them through the crowded streets.

Draco and Averie ended up agreeing to go up to his penthouse after shooting down his idea of getting something sweet.

She didn't want any of that. She just wanted somewhere quiet to be—with him.

And he didn't protest when she shyly asked where his house was.

She didn't know where they were but she recognized they were on the outskirts of London. Draco had guided her towards a large building that loomed over them like a shadow. It was much taller than her own apartment.

They entered the building and Draco took them to the elevators, which Averie was a little sour about—she wished he would have carried her once again. And the two rode in silence, but not awkward. It was tentative, as if neither of them knew what to say but was okay with it. She had unraveled her arms off of his and Draco looked down, studying her almost.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

"Not near you."

He stood behind her, letting one hand grip her hip. "Good."

Averie's breath stuttered, and she knew exactly why.

The elevator doors opened finally and the two stepped out, immediately welcomed in his penthouse. It was one of those grand rooms that were shown in movies, but had never once been seen in real life. Everything screamed luxury. The elevator opened up into the living room, showing off a large television gathered by plush black sofas. The kitchen made hers look minuscule compared to the size of his. Every piece of furniture in here was obviously Dracos. The style made sense. The walls were all of glass, not like it mattered if anyone could see in—they couldn't. The building was too far up for anyone to be able to peer in. 

There weren't many strewn messes either, everything seemingly in its place. Thank god.

Draco had taken her hand and led her through one of the doors in the back, and she easily recognized it to be his bedroom.

The dim lighting set the mood. The bed was beautifully laid out, dark silky sheets under a much larger comforter. No wonder he was so pretty, Averie thought. He had loads of soft covered beauty sleep.

There was a connecting door in his room that opened up to a fancy marble bathroom. A darker marble shade coated the floors and walls, an appealing shower that rained straight down, a large tub that looked very much expensive. All with a grand view of the city at night.

It was perfect.

Draco stood idly as he waited for her to give a reaction, Averie thought it to be adorable.

"Does one man need so much space?" she teased.

"It's about the quality of life," he smirked.

"Yeah sure," she scoffed. "It's truly beautiful, though."

"Would you like to watch a movie? Or if you want to sleep there's a guest bedroom down the hall. I understand if you've had enough tonight," he rambled on.

She tried to keep her grin in check. He was painfully nervous. Why was he still? Couldn't he tell that he had her fully? Or was he still upset at himself for what was in the past? It was in the past.