15

There's always someone who is never to be trusted.

Whether it was a friend, colleague, family even. In Averie's life, there were two people who she knew she could never trust.

Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson.

It would be easier to avoid them if she never moved out here, seeing as one of them was her boss and the other his assistant. Things would be far less complicated if she didn't know them, if she didn't work here. That was for sure. But if she didn't work here, she'd be stuck within a bubble, untransforming of the woman she was meant to be.

The woman that was meant to inspire in the fashion world.

Averie would never understand what exactly the duo had against her, but none of it would ever be fair—and there was nothing she could do about it. This was proved time and time over again.

Pansy Parkinson for example, she liked to tell lies. Whether it was white lies, like telling Averie and Zara to arrive at a dinner that was completely deserted, or a lie far worse.

Averie should have suspected the lie when Pansy took their place at the poolside, not in any rush to be on time to the place the dinner was held at. While Zara and her rushed to a location that was in the middle of nowhere, until they realized there was no dinner.

They weren't mad though, irritated—yes, but not mad because they had time to get out by themselves, have a girls night out in a well known Italian city. They much preferred that over a business dinner anyway.

The two had spent the night dancing at a club, carefree and having fun. Averie didn't go clubbing back in California—Camila never wanted to. And Averie, though she always craved to, never went anywhere fun without her best friend. She didn't trust anyone enough to.

But her and Zara had more than a great time.

Luckily neither of them got too drunk, only having one or two drinks throughout the night. Malfoy would probably raise hell if he found out they were both drunk. At least they had no dinner to attend to, though.

That's what they thought.

After the night out, they both went back to Zara's hotel room. Averie crashed there for the night for the sole reason of not wanting to go back to a sleeping Draco Malfoy, in their shared bed. She couldn't handle her nasty desires around him, especially if he slept right next to her.

Averie didn't tell Zara that though, only said she was too exhausted to ride the elevator for so long. Her friend was always understanding, and let her sleep well. When Averie woke up the next morning she dreaded going back to her room, but had to. She had to get dressed and prepared for the long day ahead—and it was.

Today was the day of the runway show.

She had expected to run into Malfoy in their room, but Averie was met with nothing but silence when she opened the hotel door. She couldn't help but feel relieved that she could go and change without his probable constant criticism. But when she looked in the closet seeing how it was filled with both of their clothes mixed together, it was...odd to say the least.

Even more odd when she realized how her clothes held a faint scent that wasn't hers.

It was nothing a little of her lavender scented perfume couldn't fix, though.

Since the show was being held at the beach, she wanted to dress properly for the scene yet still have her style incorporated.

So Averie, despite being as tense as ever, had to make sure she was ready for today. That started with a confident look and Averie carried it well—a black lace bralette that did wonders for her cleavage, matched with a soft satin skirt patterned with red flowers. Averie forgot she packed this, but was more than happy that she did.