34

Draco turned around as the doors closed, smirking at the curious girl in front of him.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Obviously," Averie giggled. "You really do know how to make a scene, don't you?"

"Parkinson," he rolled his eyes, sneering. "She has no boundaries. You know I'd never..."

"I know, Draco. You know I trust you," she stepped into him and looped her arms around his neck. "And Pansy has no idea about us," she couldn't help but laugh again.

"She couldn't be more wrong about certain things," he grabbed her waist.

The elevator doors opened again, ending their little private joy ride. A small and awkward man stood in the doorway, previously waiting for the elevator. His eyes widened a fraction as he realized who had been occupying the cabin.

"Oh—good afternoon, Mr. Malfoy," he bowed his head out of respect and cowered.

"Gregory," the blonde nodded his head back, before looking back at his girl and taking her hand out of the elevator.

"So where are we going now?"

Averie crossed her arms as Draco guided her out of the buildings doors and into the busy streets of daytime London, with a warm hand splayed on her back.

"Or did you just take me there to get away from Pansy?" she asked when he didn't reply.

"Of course I did. I can't stand her. But now that we're out—would you like to go somewhere?" Draco stopped walking and turned to her by a nearby crosswalk.

"Right now? It's the middle of the work day," Averie pointed out as if he had no idea.

Without a doubt she wanted to leave with him, but where would they even go? Would it be alright if she was behind schedule because of this?

"Is that a no?"

"Well...I have to finish my collection still—"

"You have time for that," Draco interrupted. "You're already miles ahead of everyone else. Maybe this way you'll be on track like the rest of us."

Averie grinned at his revelation. It was very true.

"Well then I'd love to go."

She vaguely realized how light her hands felt without anything in them. She had forgotten her phone, her bag, her keys, everything important. But that was no matter, she had the most important thing right next to her, holding her hand sweetly and out of character as ever. She could collect those later, she would much rather just be with Draco. Besides, they probably weren't going to be long.

And so Averie lets him guide her again—reminiscing their first date—into the streets of London that Draco was very familiarized with. They hadn't gone too far before Draco was opening a door to a small villa that looked less luxurious than what Averie knew Draco was used to. But then the waiter was leading them through a door at the back, to where the actual restaurant seemed to be.

The backyard was a garden, green and beautiful with trees and plants enclosing an intimate, wooden seating area. She'd never seen a dine-in like this—right in the center of a garden.

It was very casual, just like the aura they were in right now. Averie and Draco weren't dressed up in fancy attire, trying to impress one another. No, it was natural, casual. She didn't have to try to impress him anymore because she knew had him fully around her finger. Not to mention how whipped she was in return.

They had seated at a vacant table right under a large and healthy tree. There weren't many people here at this time, though Averie quite liked it like that. Alone with Draco. She wasn't too fond of sharing their intimacy in front of many people.