4

"Welcome to Mature Divinity."

Those 4 words echoed in her head, jump starting her whole body. Averie could barely contain her excitement while she was stumbling outside with a vibrant smile on her face.

The first thing she wanted to do was tell her lifelong best friend. She wanted Camila to share her excitement with her like they always do about anything worth celebrating. They would always celebrate together.

"Camila!" Averie shouted, spotting her friend talking to some tall dark haired surfer. "Mil, come here now," she tried again after Camila only smirked at her.

The dark curls bounced on her shoulders as Camila came walking back in a casual manner.

"Didn't I tell you to not to get out of the car?" Averie complained. But her initial annoyance was gone the second she remembered what she called Camila back for.

"What—can't you see that I'm like totally hitting it off with him?" She took a second to look back at the guy, waving as he nodded his head towards her. When she turns back around to face Averie, both eyebrows shoot up. "Well what's got you so happy? It looks like you're bursting," Mil pointed out.

"Mil you won't believe what just happened."

A second goes by of Averie just giggling to herself, making Camila's curiosity intrigued.

"Well? Tell me Aves, what's wrong with you?"

"I got—" she giggles some more. "I got the job Mil, I got the job."

Then she takes a moment to breathe and collect herself from the laughing attack.

There was more laughing out of belief.

She truly couldn't believe that just happened.

"You...you what!"

"It was a mix up—it was me that got the job not the other Averie it was me," Averie tried to explain.

And as expected, as it's been done for years—Camila celebrated with Averie, sharing the exact same excitement.

Averie was obviously more excited though, because she could hardly even focus enough to drive back home. Thinking about the things that woman Fallon had informed her of.

Of course, Averie told Camila every last word of what was spoken to her inside.

How she was one of 2 applicants that got accepted over thousands.

Apparently the design director, and founder of the brand said her designs were the most unique and matched their style like no other. It was a perfect match.

Before Averie had scrambled out of the office in Malibu, she was told to expect a very detailed email in a short while.

She was doing exactly that now, sitting in her room silently staring at the computer screen expecting for the message to pop up.

"You know that's not going to make it go any faster right Aves?" Camila's raspy voice teased from the doorway. Averie only glanced up once, seeing Camila leaning on the door frame, one hand behind her, the other holding an ice pop to her mouth.

"It's been like an hour I should have gotten something... unless something went wrong or—or they forgot about me," Averie thought out loud. "Maybe they have the wrong email address?"

"You're overthinking again."

Obviously.

Averie rolled her eyes at that.