33

Monday morning rolled around as it did every week—tiring, dreary, inescapable. Only today it felt almost exhilarating for Averie. It meant she got to see Draco again.

It had only been a mere day since she arrived back home from their date, but she missed him. She missed his touch, his warmth, his safety. She had never felt that way before, and truthfully this undiscovered feeling of attachment frightened her. She was in it deep now, she had to start accepting that. Averie could only hope Draco had felt the same otherwise she would be stuck in the trenches all alone.

The sky was an iridescent blue with not a cloud overhead. It reminded her of his eyes, so vibrant.

Everything was starting to remind her of Draco—the sky, the breeze, the way her heels clicked along the cobblestone as she walked nearer to her destination. It seemed like a lifetime ago since she last stepped in through the Mature Divinity building's glass doors, though it had only been the length of a regular weekend.

She wondered how he had the power to pause time like that. Or perhaps they really were just in a different dimension.

Averie wore casual jeans with a light sweater, not needing to impress anyone today. Though her thighs still burned with every step she took, in a way she didn't mind. It was the reminder of why they felt so sore. Flashbacks kept coming back, hitting her as fast as lightning. The shower, his bed, his couch. Everything.

As Averie stepped into the elevator, she pondered how she was going to act around him now? How would she react to him? Or even greater—how would he react to her.

She supposed she would have to ignore him in case she lost control of her words or actions. She didn't want anyone in the office to know about them yet. Didn't want it to be known that she was completely obsessed with her boss now. It might create problems.

How would she even concentrate on getting the work done?

She hadn't even thought of the actual work she needed to get done, it completely slipped her mind. She was still working on the midnight themed collection, and now she had to sew together every sketched piece. That was one of her favorite parts of designing—seeing everything come together so perfectly and knowing it was because of her that it became tangible, wearable, sexy.

As she stepped onto the all too familiar yet distant floors of the office, Averie caught sight of her friends looming over one of the office windows. She heard them giggling about whatever scene was below them and she became curious herself.

"Good morning guys," she said from behind the two.

The redhead jumped, obviously not expecting for Averie to be there.

"Evie! Look at this!" Zara grabbed her arm and pulled her to look out the window.

It took Averie a while to find what she and Lucas were laughing about, but she couldn't deny the sight as her eyes focused below the city.

"What am I looking at?"

"That dog riding a skateboard! And then he went to some man who was eating and stole his food, went right back to skateboarding," Lucas then explained.

Averie was more than confused.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Ugh Evie you didn't see the whole thing," Zara rolled her eyes. "I wish my dog knew how to skateboard. He can barely even remember how to sit."

"He probably takes after you," Lucas said.

"Hey!"

This was a very typical morning, Averie thought as she laughed her way to her desk. She pulled out the sketches from her drawer, all neat and in order from last Friday.