27

Averie had been soundlessly working on the new spring line for what felt like hours.

It was still only early January so of course there were some months before spring and more time to work on everything, but she realized a long time ago that it takes more than two months to thoroughly finalize each individual lingerie piece. She would much rather have enough time to make an all impressive collection.

With this in the back of her mind since she started the crucial part of sketching designs, her pencil hadn't stopped moving.

The designs were florally imprinted, laced with flowers and abstract shapes. She was tasked with the design of twelve set pieces, and already almost half of them were sketched out completely.

Averie took the time to also think about what was happening around her. Why she was here, how so much had happened in so little time. No doubt it was all due to Draco, who had captured her attention with only a few petals—though some could argue it happened way before that. Although he did promise to give her a promotion, she wasn't too upset over that. After all, she was making almost a hundred dollars an hour.

And Averie wasn't materialistic, but god was she happy about the money she was now making.

But that wasn't the reason either.

Truthfully Averie was here because her and Draco felt incomplete. Sure, they didn't really have a relationship at all, could barely stand to look at each other before, but there was underlying tension. That much was obvious. Draco acting much nicer was part of her wishful and hoping thoughts. Which was why she was even more nervous to be disappointed—because him complying and changing was just what she had wanted. He was trying, and Averie couldn't have wanted much more. Averie had also realized that Draco had definitely changed overnight—though she couldn't say she was complaining.

Here she was at her dream job doing what she loved, making more money than she could count, all while catching feelings for a husky blonde who was ready to spoil her. If that wasn't the dream then what was?

Currently she was in the work lounge with Zara, sketching and mindlessly chatting away. She had taken a short break from earlier, but her pencil had since then called her back.

She hadn't seen Draco since he left her some hours ago. She wondered what was going through his mind, if he was as nervous as her. Why would he be, though—he had her completely in his hold. Averie felt like she was the only one nervous about where things were going. Not just because of it happening, but because she knew once the gates open, she could never get enough. Would have to keep coming back for more to satisfy her lustful greed. And it had only just begun with something as simple as a touch.

She was just thinking about him, wondering where he would be when the lounge door opened, revealing the very same person in her thoughts.

Zara had headphones on, quietly listening to her music as she focused on working or doing whatever else. She didn't see Draco come in, as her back was facing the door. He noticed it too, it showed, as he walked right behind Averie, mumbling "Hi there."

She couldn't help the grin that flashed on her face at the casualness of him.

"Hey," she sighed, closing her sketchbook out of reflex. She was always used to keeping it private, even more now that Pansy had copied her designs and presented them to Zara. It was an instinct now to protect them.

"Are those for the new collection?" Draco inquired from behind her.

His hand was twitching by his side, and Averie realized it to be a sign that he was restraining himself from touching her. Was he not able to tell that she wanted him to? She cleared her throat a few seconds later, realizing not only had he asked her a question, but that she was only mindlessly staring at his hands.