6

Averie woke up the next morning with a blinding headache.

One that pounded at the base of her skull so hard it made her vomit when she woke up. How much did she have to drink last night? She didn't recall having too many.

One when she got there, another after that. 

Oh.

Everything came crashing back to her like a tsunami.

She met the most mysterious and attractive man, he bought her a drink, they made out in the bathroom.

Averie let out a groan when she remembered it all. She was currently sitting on the once clean bathroom floor, huddled over the toilet. Hopefully she didn't feel nauseous at work, the headache was horrible enough.

The things she would have done to him if she didn't have work the next morning.

She inwardly cursed as she finally stood up, headed for the shower. She wanted to clean up nice for her first day.

First impressions were everything to Averie.

She didn't care about what others thought of her for the most part, but she wanted to make sure they liked her. Especially in the business world. There were no second first impressions, and if she was going to be naturally judged, she wanted to be her best self. Her best self that wasn't throwing up at 8am in the morning.

Another groan left Averie's lips as she chugged down 2 pills to aid her headache.

She was in only a towel after just getting out of the shower. She blew her hair out, leaving it down because she knew it framed her face better. There was still some time left until she had to be at the new office, which gave her the opportunity to try and look her best.

After brushing her teeth and finishing her makeup she went to her closet, sifting through every piece of clothing. She wanted to strike whoever she could in this industry, and good first impressions was how it started.

Another half hour passed of Averie just trying on different outfits, before she finally decided on a cute set. The top was a black and detailed lace cami top, tucked into wide leg pants in the same shade. It was modest and chic, making her look professional.

Averie slid on her black heels—her favorite pair, and walked towards the front door, throwing her phone and keys into her small bag.

Since she didn't own a car here she settled on a taxi, driving her only a couple miles away from the apartment. It was quite convenient living such a short distance away from the office.

The building was at least 7 stories high, which she wasn't sure was entirely for the brand, why would they need that much space? What if she got lost and was late on her first day?

But she stepped in confidently through the glass doors, excited to finally take this next step in her life. Even if this didn't work out it was still experience, all she wanted was to live and do what she wanted.

She doubted that it wouldn't work out, though.

After all her designs were the best. She hadn't forgotten that.

The receptionist was a young man, around her age typing away at the computer in front of him. He didn't stray his eyes away from the computer until after Averie spoke.

"Excuse me, do you know which office I'm supposed to be going to? It's my first day and I wasn't given an exact floor—" he hushed her with just a finger, signaling to stop, finally acknowledging her.