31

Draco had awoken the next morning to the sweetest feeling around him.

He felt it first, before opening his eyes to the wonderful sight.

Snuggled up to his body was the woman he dreamt about, the woman he had taken on the most perfect date, all soft and warm. Averie was still asleep, her head resting softly on his bare abdomen. Neither of them had put clothes on after last night's activities, they just fell straight asleep in each other's arms.

Rain was heard pattering against the windows, followed by a loud thunder bang, but he had never felt more at peace. It was as if the real storm had passed, and now he was in the blue.

Averie breathed slowly, her breasts gently rising and falling under the sheets they lay in. Draco simply watched her.

How had he managed to get her on a date?

It still was surreal, but Draco decided to just relish in it. She's here.

Draco had felt so changed, so much better with himself ever since he realized the attraction between them. And although he knew how harsh he was when Averie first met him as a boss, there had always been those feelings. She had made him into a better man, and for that he was grateful. Who knows what he would be like if he never had met her? He'd probably still be in the habit of ditching the girls he had a one night stand with, and he shamefully did that a lot.

Not anymore though.

Not when he had the chance to wake up to this sight every morning.

Everything about Averie charmed him. Her personality, her looks, her confidence. She was a whole package, nothing out of place. Not even a single hair on her head was disordered. Not even now—despite being fairly messy from sleeping.

He didn't care about her looks, though. They certainly helped tempt him, but it was her heart that intrigued him the most.

Draco could feel how carefree she was with her energy. The light she had was gifted to everyone in her path, save for a few who never deserved it. She was magnetic. He ponders how she got to be like this, so loving, as he patted her hair down and softly played with the locks. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep, so beautiful.

And Draco relished in having no present worries. He stayed there under the sheets, listening to the calming rain and he just thought. Thought about her, the date, after the date. He had to suppress the recurring picture show in his mind to fight against his morning wood, while her being completely naked and beautiful next to him didn't help much.

He tried instead to think about their conversations. He remembered something Averie said so easily. "Thank you for being so good to me."

He didn't know what exactly to say to that to express his true feelings. Draco was just confused—she thanked him for doing the bare minimum, he felt as if he didn't do enough for her to thank him. He didn't do enough to make her happy. And he wanted to make her happy. There seemed to be some emotion behind her words, something hidden between the blurred lines that Draco couldn't decipher.

He didn't know what to say, because why would anyone be bad to her? She was a living angel, fallen from the painted sky. Her intentions were pure, she was pure. She deserved to feel worthy of all things good. Which made him think—who was ever malicious to her? How could anyone be?

The more he thought about it, the more he realized he truly didn't know the girl all too well.

He wanted to.

He wanted to explore all depths of her, physical and soulfully. He wanted to explore her just like he explored her body, every curve, every dimple.