14

Averie was only halfway through packing when her phone suddenly chimed.

She sighed, immediately stopping her movements of folding her clothes.

The large suitcase was filled with all sorts of things—she wasn't sure exactly what she would need. Averie's never been to Italy after all, the weather there was unknown to her.

Her slender fingers reached over the mess of piled clothes, just enough to grab her phone that sat beside it on the bed.

Theo Nott
-Don't forget to meet me at Lana's Coffee House before your flight :) xx

Averie smiled at her phone, the little message sparking her memory of Theo asking to see her before she left the country. It was right after Malfoy had informed her and her co-workers of the arranged plans.

The team going to Milan would have to arrive at the airport by nine in the morning to board Malfoys private plane. He mentioned having to attend a business meeting at noon, which gave them a small time frame. Averie wasn't sure why he couldn't just make the flight time earlier—it was his plane, but she never understood him.

Averie was also dreading having to take the trip with Pansy. The two detested each other for completely different reasons—all due to Pansy's incessive behavior.

She just hoped the assistant wouldn't cause any problems there.

As soon as the plane landed, they were all to check in at a hotel plaza in the heart of the Italian city. Averie hoped that her room was pleasant enough for her. Hotels were something she absolutely despised, but she couldn't complain. Malfoy would probably set her up in the filthiest room if she did.

But even so, Averie was excited for this trip. Especially because she knew Malfoy would favor her designs this time.

He had to.

She had been constantly working day and night for this to be perfect down to the last thread and stitch. She made sure of it.

And she was ready- ready to leave, and ready to win.

But of course, Averie was packing at the last minute. After all it was what she did best—procrastinate.

She decided to pack most of her clothes last night, and just make sure she had everything in the morning. It was around seven in the morning now, and she was almost done. The suitcase looked as if it was going to explode open when she finally was able to close it, only after a frustrating struggle with the zipper to force it shut.

Once the tired girl was done putting her suitcase and extra bags by the door, she calculated that there was only time for a quick shower to calm her nerves, before having to getting dressed.

Averie almost forgot how much she hated flying. It was a wonder she made it to London in one piece from the flight, the thought of taking another plane completely slipped her mind. The fact that it was a smaller and unfamiliar plane didn't help her worries either.

But Averie still wanted to be as comfortable as she could in the air, so she just opted for a sweatpants set for the plane ride. It was just a flight, after all.

And by a quarter past eight, she was already sat in Lana's Coffee House with Theodore.

The cafe was just a block down the road from her apartment, so she walked there, dragging her luggage down the street. The building blended in with the rest of the city, but somehow she found it with a small wooden door that jingled as she made her way inside.