Unholy

Back in Winchester, not two days after their return, both Khaana and Uhtred found themselves busy

Back in Winchester, not two days after their return, both Khaana and Uhtred found themselves busy. Khaana walked quickly down the halls of the Abbey, avoiding Nuns when she could, but as of now, she was avoiding Father Beocca. He'd been asking her many questions, and she found she was quickly running out of answers for him.  Rounding a corner a little too fast, Khaana nearly ran into Young Odda. He looked up at her with wide eyes "L-Lady Messanger. I was looking for you." He stammered in suprise. Khaana was screaming on the inside, "I just want a moment's peace!" her mind shouted.

Khaana straightened her poster and gathered herself, "what can I help you with child?" she asked. "I need council, you see...your Pagan ward is to be handed the girl I love to marry." He confessed. Khaana tilted her head "Oh? I was told nothing of this. Alfred looks to have Uhtred wedded?" She asked. "Yes, I am afraid. She is a good, kind, innocent, virtuous woman of God, Lady. She would not survive marriage to a heathen. She is too good for him" he said speaking in a frantic manner, nearly pleading.

"Give not that which is holy to dogs; neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turning upon you, they tear you." He said.

Khaana arched a brow, "and you assume the pagan to be swine, while you bark and roll at your master's feet to be granted praise and a good boy? Should she be as godly as you say, who is to say that the young woman is any better suited to you?" Khaana stated calmly.

" or are you the pig?" she added, "There is a beam in your eye Young Odda, so it first, pluck it free and then concern yourself with the motes you see in the eyes of those around you. See father Beocca, I am sure you will need as much prayer as you can muster in the coming days." Khaana sighed. She brushed past Young Odda to continue on her way before a nun or priest spotted her.

"Left, right, up, down, this way and that. Why is the King's domain filled with holy men and women." Khaana thought to herself as she dodged behind a corner. "but I only just saw her, where could Lady Messanger have gone?" A nun asked a priest.

Khaana ducked behind a tall vase, peering through the leaves of the plant inside.

A chuckle sounded from behind her, "lovely, just what I needed." Khaana thought, she stole a glance back at Leofric. "why are you everywhere?" she asked him in a whisper.

"apparently to save you from a fate worse than death." Leofric laughed. "sshhhh! not so loud." Khaana hushed, dipping lower behind the plant's leaves, "They might hear you..." she said. Leofric chuckled "Scouts have spotted suspicious figures on the road to the city. I was going to look into it with a few of my men. But I think the two of us could be easily enough." Leofric said.

Khaana looked up at him in suspicion. "You wouldn't give me away to those Nuns would you?" she asked. Leofric rose his right hand "on my honor as a soldier, I would not." He said. Khaana took one last peek at the searching Nuns. "alright," she whispered carefully stepping out of her hiding place.