Uhtred son of Uhtred

Khaana sat at Lord Uhtred's side pretending to sleep while he held counsel with Aelfric

Khaana sat at Lord Uhtred's side pretending to sleep while he held counsel with Aelfric. She kept her ears sharp for any news her master could use.  Lord Uhtred stroked the top of her head "you trust that beast too quickly." Aelfric warned. Lord Uhtred scoffed "one does not gain trust without first lending a portion, no matter how small, out first." He said.

The doors the the dim hall opened and a frail looking man with a bald head and dressed in plain robes entered in, shuffling Osbert in front of him. "The boy is ready my lord." The bald man said. "Thank you father Beocca," said Lord Uhtred turning his attention to his son, his youngest and now his only.

"You, you are now called Uhtred. Uhtred, son of Uhtred. You have your stone, the amber?" Lord Uhtred asked getting up from his seat. "Yes father" Osbert said grasping the large amber oval handing from a chain around his neck. Khaana opened her eyes and gave a fake yawn before tossing Osbert a mischievous wink. Father Beocca did a double take at the hound and shook his head slightly "i must get more sleep." He thought.

"Good the priest will teach you your history, the parchments. Beocca I task you to make him understand who he is" said Lord Uhtred. "Lord, I-I should like to have him baptized again." Beocca said quickly. Lord Uhtred looked back at the priest as if he had spoken gibberish. "Whatever for?" Lord Uhtred asked.

"Well, if and when he arrives at the gates og heaven as Uhtred, they might wonder what has happened to Osbert." Beocca reasoned. Lord Uhtred blinked a few times and Khaana gave a silent chuckle to herself. "Blundering fool." She thought. "Do what you must but do as I ask." Said Lord Uhtred, finding the explaination just as silly.

He turned his eyes down to Osbert and walked closer "once, we were great kings here, boy!" He said, frustration with the situation and the grief of losing his eldest son being aimmed at Osbert. "Kings of all the lands between the rivers Tuede and Tine." Lord Uhtred explained. "And we should be kings again." Said Aelfric.

Lord Uhtred rolled his eyes at his brothers interruption. "Yes, we should, but it doesn't matter what they call us," he said leaning down to Osbert's height, he took the amber pendant in his hand "so long as they obey us. It was our ancestors who took this land. Our blood and bone has strengthened it." Lord Uhtred said.

Khaana's wandered over to Aelfric, something about the man did not lettle well with her. He looked slippery and deceitful like wiggly dark salamander lurking in murky waters. "And now you are the new heir of Bebbanburg, do you hear me?" Said Lord Uhtred. At this words a sour look crossed Aelfric face.

"And you will die for it if need be." He added. Osbert stood a bit taller and looked his father deep in the eyes. "Yes, father. And I will give you the head of the man who killed Uhtred!" Osbert called as he father wnt to walk away from him. "No! You are Uhtred now!" Lord Uhtred roared whirling around he faced his son teeth bared and finger pointed.

Osbert jolted at the shock of the outburst, khaana hopped to her feet and started to snarl "have you not been listening to me?" Lord Uthred question. Father Beocca rested a arm across the boys shoulders. "Do not tell me of what it is you will do! You will do nothing! You are just a Pup!" Lord Uhtred ssid his face turning red from all the shouting and anger he closed in on Osbert.