Decisions

Fires blazed along the shore in the night, the beach smelled of sea and cooked meat as Ragnar's men feasted and played

Fires blazed along the shore in the night, the beach smelled of sea and cooked meat as Ragnar's men feasted and played. Khaana chuckled and shook her head "Should we not be reaching out to Uhtred and Brida?" Khaana asked him. Ragnar grinning up at her reached for her arm. With a light tug he pulled her onto his lap, "I will send a man to find them tomorrow, for now, we celebrate" Ragnar said raising his mug. "You, my friend are drunk." Khaana hummed. Ragnar smiled at her, "So make me sober." he whispered into Khaana's ear.

His men laughed and snickered at his comment, Khaana leaned away from him and smiled in fake sweetness "Ah, so you wish me to smack you then?" she said, at which a few more laughed. "Get a hit in for me!" a woman called from were she cleaned her shield. Khaana could not hide the smile on her face, She was away from danger and troubles if only for a moment, and it felt like home.  But that did not drive away the guilt she felt in the back of her mind. Brida and Uhtred should be here, they deserved this.

Ragnar noticed Khaana's smile was fading,  Ragnar stood, and took Khaana with him "Where are we going?" Khaana asked him, "I have a gift for you," Ragnar lightly slurred. His feet stumbled a step, "if you drop me..." Khaana warned. Ragnar's grip tightened around her and he chuckled "I would never drop you, you may fall with me, but then you'd land on me." He reasoned.

They entered his tent, and Ragnar carefully set her down before making his way to his satchel. Rummaging through it, He seemed excited and it caused Khaana to chuckle inwardly. "There it is." He said with a wide grin. Ragnar turned around a little to fast, and his drunk feet caught on the rugs below him. Khaana hurried to him holding out her arms to steady Ragnar. "You can't even walk, you should sit down." she said, "It was planned," Ragnar said, draping one arm over her shoulders giving Khaana a flirtatious smile. "mhmm, of course, of course it was, silly me." Khaana jested.

She lead him to his bed roll which was filled with blankets and furs. The two sat down, even if it was a struggle to get him down without toppling over, they managed.

Ragnar passed her a small jar full of a thick  red paste. Within it were small seeds that were brown, green and tan. "what is it?" Khaana asked, "Fruit Paste, we took several jars from the monasteries in Ireland...its sweet." Ragnar said with a smile,  carefully opening it. Khaana arched a brow at the deep red paste and looked up at him warily.

Ragnar chuckled, "I would not feed you poison would I?" He asked, swiping his finger threw the paste. Collecting a glob on his finger he popped the paste into his mouth. "see?" He asked. Khaana mimicked him, and tasted the Fruit Paste. Ragnar couldn't have imagined the amount of amusement he would face, with the way Khaana's eyes shimmered as she tasted the sweet treat.

"Do you like it?" He asked, however Khaana's eyes were trained on the container of sweet Fruit Paste. Ragnar laughed "That must be a yes, here, it is yours." he said. Khaana gently took the jar from him and held it close. she frowned and in a quiet voice murmured, "I haven't received a gift that was not for another's gain in many years" She carefully closed the jar as not to spill of ruin the sweet inside "not since Osbert, and Brida were children. there gifts were always pure." Khaana uttered with a fond smile.