The Saxon Child

Ragnar Ragnarson plowed the earth with the help of Khaana who took the form of a horse, one of her four totems

Ragnar Ragnarson plowed the earth with the help of Khaana who took the form of a horse, one of her four totems. The Hound, Horse, Sparrow and Snake. "Where'd you get the horse?" Kjartan asked a big grin on his face as he patted the large black horses neck.

Ragnar frowned, "she is my fathers you will have to ask him." He said. Kjartan nodded and walked off. Ragnar leaned against Khaana "I think he suspects..." He whispered. "Who wouldn't, when every animal your father owns seems to have the same name." She said with Ragnar's mind.

"You should tell them, Kjartan is your fathers man, he is loyal. You may trust him." said Khaana. "It is not my decision to make." Ragnar sighed, he ruffled Khaana's mane. She followed his lead and halled the contraption to plow the crop, in her mind she had to wonder would this be her life? Doomed to hide with the forms of animals?

"Do not look so glum...it will get better, you were sent to us for a reason I know it. The gods will show us the time to call you forth." Ragnar said. Khaana said nothing. She would tell them that it was not their ods who sent her. But she knew better than to challenge the Dane faith. Her connection with Odin was the only reason they kept her and she feared what they would do having been decieved.

A small setttlement of villagers was ransacked a small group of soldiers tried to hold down the little hamlet but the sword of the Danes was much to sharp.  "It is a demon!" The Saxon soldier cried out as Khaana rushed through the woods, a horse skull fitted over her face she snarled and howled.

The people screamed and fled in fear of the large canine "death hounds upon us!" Another man called. Ragnar Ravnson chuckled as he watched Khaana toy with the minds of the people.

The fightened villagers saw a pack of furious hounds when in reality, there was only one. Before long the small hamlet was void and Ragnar Ravnson had 3 prisoners to hold for ransom.

Khaana watched as Ubba dragged a woman by her hair along the ground. She kickedd and cried out, Ubba was a respectable warrior but a terrible womanizer to put it kindly.

Khaana glared at him as he drug the woman along. "Easy Khaana." Ragnar Ravnson lulled standing at her side a deep frown etched across his face. "What are the rules?" He asked her. Khaana huffed and snarled before turning her back and padding away.

She hated those damnable rules and she hated Ubba. Rule one - anything is considered spoils of war, Rule two - know your place, Rule three - never challenge Ubba, ever.

"Whats the point of having the powers of heaven if I cannot use them them beyond shapeshifting and mind binding." Khaana hissed in her mind. "Aana-na!" Ragnar Ragnarson called out with a grin, that grin fell as she stormed past him wiyhout so much as a glance. "Wait?  To where do you wander?" He asked, but he was left ignored.

"Where is she going?" Ragnar Ragnarson asked his father. The elder Ragnar gave a long sigh "to clear her head." He said simply.  Ragnar Ragnarson watched Khaana vanish into the trees, "what happened? What set her off?" He asked.