Fyrstburðarsonr

Khaana waited near the borders of Uhtred's land perched on Leofric's horse

Khaana waited near the borders of Uhtred's land perched on Leofric's horse. Her thoughts packed tightly into her gaze as she looked out across the land. "I hope this is a good plan, It's the only one I've got, for you." She thought, poking at her stomach with a frown.

"I said no more of these." Khaana scowled inwardly. Though sour about what was to come, she couldn't say she regretted it. That thought released a troubled sigh from her lungs.

Leofric cast her a concerned glance as he returned.

"A sigh from you is hardly good," he said. Leofric surveyed the surrounding area carefully.

"There is nothing wrong, no one is here. I am-"

"Bothered?" Leofric chuckled as he grabbed hold of his horse's saddle, "You're always bothered."

The half-hearted glare Khaana sent him made Leofric's smirk stretch further across his face. She wasn't angry in her eyes, in fact, they were glittering impishly and it turned Leofric's smirk into a smile.

"You've calmed the arseling?" He asked her. 

Khaana gave a nod and sucked in the sharp chilly air, "I did. But He's got his own share of problems to mind while we're away."

Leofric reached around to the back of the horse and took up a wool shawl, draping it over Khaana's shoulders. She turned and glanced back at Leofric who rubbed the tip of his nose.

"It's nippy out this early." He mumbled.

Khaana flashed a coy smile, "It's a pity you've been wasted on a fraudulent marriage. I expect when it is all said and done whatever woman takes you thanks me for your training." 

Leofric's eyes narrowed for half a second and he remained silent. Khaana's brow arched but she didn't push any further, something in the air around her was telling her to stop. 

Turning around again she uttered, "Thank you."

It was so soft that Leofric could hardly be sure he'd heard the words at all. Leofric silently pressed the tip of his nose to the back of her head in response, with a sigh. He nudged his heels into the horse and the two cantered away.