Shifting Through Ruin

Dawn reached the sky and Earl Ragnars lands and longhouse lay in lightly smoking ruins

Dawn reached the sky and Earl Ragnars lands and longhouse lay in lightly smoking ruins. Aelfric left the clean up, search for valuables and possible survivors to his left hand Scallion and Kjartan's son Sven.

Uhtred watched those remaining pillage the place he once called home, quietly seething. Eyes watching Scallion, a plump man who was twice as shady as a rat in a palace. Uhtred did not care for the man when he was young and now?

Uhtred stepped forward carefully, only to be drawn back by Brida "what are you doing?" She asked.  His eyes were stuck on Scallion, a man his late father had foolishly trusted.

Khaana snuck around to were Sven was talking with his men. Lazily waiting around while others searched for Earl Ragnar's silver.

Her eyes burned with a cold fire bred from a deeply smoldering rage. She lingered in the shadows until Sven slipped away from his men. He ducked behind the stables and unfastened  his trousers before relieving  himself on the wooden walls.

"They are searching for Ragnar's wealth" Brida breathed holding Uhtred at bay as they looked on. "They'll  never find it." She added.

Though Uhtred was hardly listening.

With a soft gust of wind, and talon like nails clamped around his neck Sven whimpered. A scream muffled by the strong hand pressed across his mouth.

"Don't  piss upon yourself rat..." Khaana  said in a deep hiss. She tilted her head, and gave a iron smirk. "I am not going to kill you...not here, not today." She spoke in soft whisper.

Khaana pressed the sharp tips of her nails into Sven's tough flesh, "though, it is tempting." She warned,  eying the streams of blood tricking from small puncture wounds.

"I have a message for he who spawned you, rat." She growled, Khaana feared for her self control as he trembled in fear. Sven, had no shame in how his body quaked, for her eyes held a starved malice and he was only thankful the lust for death had not decided to make a meal of him then and there.

"The line of Ravnson, they will come for him. And every ansestor and kinsmen that rest in Valhalla and Niflhein will ride down from their feast and claw forth from the mists. Their souls will ride with the last of his line, fight within thier sword, hold a wal with thier shield and there will be no stopping  the death that is coming to him."

Khaana's words made Sven shake "you pray that Thor grants you mercy, but we both know he is likely to have none." Khaana added, she removed her hand from Sven's mouth.

"Scream and I end you here..." She whispered, Sven nodded his head repeatedly  and chomped  down on his tongue as Khaana tore her nails from his neck.

"Keep a good grasp on your sword. Would be a pity to wake up in the cold mists." Khaana spoke in a our like chuckle that seemed to echo around him while she vanished in a black miasma.