Negotiations

After the Ceremony was over, Khaana needed several drinks to recover from what she found only to be madness

After the Ceremony was over, Khaana needed several drinks to recover from what she found only to be madness. Thankfully Eadgyth was more than happy to help her get a hold of a bottle...or two.

Now in the early morning, Khaana sharing a horse with Brida, followed Alfred and his men, heading for the agreed upon spot of the Negotiations. It would take half of the day to reach, and the camp would be raised while the negotiations where being held as Khaana heard it explained. This would be providing the King did not require rests due to his ailments.

Khaana watched the lands as they passed across them, she could feel it, they were getting nearer, the air near where Danes had walked was different from any other. Lands were warriors trod are left with a piece of their spirit, lingering to remind all those who pass, that once they were there, and never will it be forgotten. It was not unique to Danes either, but any warrior of merit.

The ride was one with little conversation, it would seem Alfred and all of his men were uneasy about this meeting. Guthrum, though driven back at Aesces, had yet to be defeated by any one out right, and his name was well known across the land. This would be a moment to go down in history books if all went right, "or if all goes wrong even..." Khaana thought to herself.

Witun, deep within a forest's who's trees were cast bare by the chills of winter, the company of King Alfred, started to set camp. Uhtred helped the the men raise the tent under witch the meeting would be held. Brida reached out to grasp Khaana's arm, halting her from going to join them "I do not wish to be seen by Earl Guthrum, Khaana." Brida said.

Khaana turned to face her and tilted her head "I would be to ashamed to be seen by Danes among Saxon sheep." She added, Khaana gave a half nod of her head, "They have not ask of you to be there, and Uhtred will understand your absence, go, le them set up camp and rest." Khaana hummed, she fixed the frizz away from the top of Brida's head and offered a smile, "and find some food, you should be starved." Khaana near sang a sly smile on her face as she looked Brida over. "why? I only just ate on the way?" asked Brida. Khaana chuckled but said no more, leaving Brida confused as she headed to join Uhtred and the others.

Khaana took a corner of the red fabric to dress the top of the ten, and looked Uhtred over "you've been having plenty of fun lately." she said. "what?" Uhtred asked, "nothing, nothing, lets get this tent up." Khaana said.

The the tent completed, Alfred and his men clad in mail and leather armor, watched as down the hill road in the Danes. Guthrum at the forefront and Ubba not far behind, with them a small gathering of warriors, Horses armed tot he teeth in metal and adorned in bone and horns, protected with shields. For a simple meeting they were near dressed for full combat.

Khaana stole a glance as Beocca and the secondary priest, who wore only their monks robes and then down at herself as she was granted only her white grown, and a pale fur mantle. "we look like idiots, coming to a gather with Danes unarmored." Khaana thought to herself. she stayed close to Uhtred, at his back she peered over his shoulder, the site of Ubba was unnerving and unexpected. " It is Earl Guthrum?" Alfred questioned watching the line of Danes draw nearer.  "yes" Uhtred said, "You can see the bone in his hair, it is his mothers rib." Uhtred informed. The Two Oddas and Leofric shared a disgusted glance. "oh...how, Endearing." Alfred remarked, "and the others?" He asked.