Idiocy

Khaana watched as Uhtred and Brida prepared their horses for travel, when Uhtred turned to her, he knelt to her level "I can't believe I'm saying this but I need you to stay here

Khaana watched as Uhtred and Brida prepared their horses for travel, when Uhtred turned to her, he knelt to her level "I can't believe I'm saying this but I need you to stay here." Uhtred told her. "of course, to watch Alfred?" Khaana murmured in his mind. Uhtred gave a nod, looking around "I do not trust the look in his eyes, and maybe you can win a few hearts over for me." He said.

Khaana chuckles "that, I can do. You be careful, do not linger too close to Readingum. they are looking for you pup." Khaana advised. 

Uhtred cracked a smile "I should be warning you to be careful, You nearly mauled Alfred and his warrior back there." He said to her. Khaana looked up at him with glazed eyes and huffed "He was out of his bounds with what was said," she stated, her gaze slipped to the side. "though I fear I may have alerted Ragnar, " she added looking Uhtred back in the eye "he is coming." she said.

Uhtred smiled "good, the others will have to believe him and he will believe us." Uhtred said.

"go, before the Danes move, I will keep an eye on things here." Khaana said, Uhtred stood up and Brida went to Khaana, she gave the large hound a hug "If they touch you or try to tie you up bite them in the arse." Brida advised, to which Khaana chuckled "twice, for your sake." Khaana jested.

Seeing the two off to the main gate, Khaana watched them vanish over the hill.  Looking about to make sure no one was heading for her, she made her way back to the Kings dwelling. walking through town she made sure to make herself seem weaker, but it was a hard feat at her size. heavy feet leaving large paw prints in the mud.

"ey! eye! ain't that the Dane dog?" called a man near the stables.

Khaana tried her best to ignore him, "it is, would make a lovely rug." said his friend.

"Or would make nice trade, I bet you could get a nice price of silver for it. Fur or the whole hound. and Lord would pay a nice price for a war hound like that." said the first man.

Khaana noticed them following, her, she turned to give them a warning growl and a bark. "stay your distance," She thought to herself. But she had little hope that they'd not allow the fools within them to continue.

And she was right, the second man creeping behind her, reached for the scruff of her neck, Khaana snapped at his legs as he tried to drag her along, the first man, gave her a kick "silly mutt should know this is better for her than being left to the Danes." He said.

Khaana freed herself from them , slipping from their grasp, leaving a chunk of her fur behind in the man's fist. As she ran they made chase. Khaana let out a breath of annoyed air, they just wouldn't give up and she wasn't going to get any information at this rate.

Rounding a corner, headed for the Kings dwelling, she spotted the tavern, and more importantly a face she never thought she'd be happy to see. "make yourself useful." She thought as she spotted Leofric at a table with a mug he seemed to be talking to a young woman with chestnut hair.