Crowned King of Wessex

The Next morning, Eadgyth went to retrieve Khaana from the guest chambers, however, she was no one to be found

The Next morning, Eadgyth went to retrieve Khaana from the guest chambers, however, she was no one to be found. Eadgyth had searched the whole castle. She had no choice but to ask Uhtred, although she wasn't fond of the idea, if she was honest, she was terrified of him. being near him was different when Alfred was around, countless time the now King had promised to protect her with all of his being as they spent time together. But alone? She'd rather not.

"Maybe If I say I cannot find her, they will send a nun to look." Eadgyth thought.

Meanwhile outside, Leofric stepping out of the tavern, having just finished his breakfast gave a great big stretch, and glanced up at the sky, it was as gray as ever, the air gently chilled. There was a slight fuss goin on just a few houses up ahead, some women were gathered into a circle praying. Leofric raised a brow and went to investigate, from where he stood it looked like a circle of mourners.

"Ma'am, what had happened here?" He asked one of the women, startled she looked up at him, and smiled "God has had his herald sit upon the top of my families home, sir, we are blessed! so we pray and give thanks." She cheered quietly, nodding up to the roof of her home.

Leofric followed the woman's gaze and sighed, shaking his head as Khaana stood stop of it, her eyes fixed to the horizon beyond the gates. Leofric wasn't in the mind to not believe that Khaana was the messenger she claimed to be, nor did he deny the reasons she was with the Pagans. What he was of mind of, was that many of the people in the city were making this far over blown.

And by the annoyed gleam in Khaana's eyes, he could tell she may have felt much the same.

Leofric leaned over the whispered down to the women "maybe it's best your prayers be held inside or at the church, as to not to distrupt...whatever she has been called to this spot to do." Leofric said playing along. The women nodded "yes, yes of course." one said as they quietly went back into the home.

Leofric  exhaled and withheld a chuckle, "morning" He called up to the roof, Khaana glanced down at him with a frown. "what's happened?" He asked, "come down from there."

Khaana took one more glance towards the horizon and hopped down from the roof, like before, her legs did not want to take the landing and they trembled beneath her tunic. "curses," She thought to herself, the thought of being weakened was one she had not had to fear in such a long time.

"why are you on roofs?" Leofric asked. Khaana regained herself and looked up at him "Brida has not returned and now Uhtred is gone as well." Khaana said, Leofric shrugged "maybe they wished some alone time together." He offered, to which Khaana cracked a smile, "you do not know them well, if they wanted such time they would take it...more than likely in the most Saxon important place they could find." She said. 

Leofric looked past her to find his Sister wandering his way "I cannot find the creature woman anywhere, Leofric have you-oh!" Eadgyth called, she hurried to Khaana and her brother "Lady Khaana, my lord wishes you washed and dressed. He wishes to speak with you." Eadgyth said quickly. Khaana frowned, and the frown could not be hidden, she had no desire to spend anytime with the new King.