The Littlest Dane

Khaana gazed hard upon Ragnarsson as she watched him gather supplies for his upcoming journey

Khaana gazed hard upon Ragnarsson as she watched him gather supplies for his upcoming journey. "You want me to what? I will not have myself hanged for teaching a slave to fight and having said slave kill one of us." Ragnarsson chuckled, Khaana's eyes were not as amused as he was.

"The boy, is fond of you and your father - your family. He would do no such thing." She said circling to his side. "Sven is gone, but there will be more, the Dane's grasp on this land ia growing, Ragnar. As he grows they will come for him and he must be ready." She pushed.

Ragnarsson exhaled and closed up the large sack he'd filled. He glanced at her "fine, but-" he said pointing to her with warning "I shall only teach him to defend himself." Ragnarsson added. Khaana smirked a bit and brushed the back of her hand gently down Ragnarsson's cheek as if to reward him.

"B-but, that is only if the wasp's scrawny arms can support a shield." Ragnarsson called after her was Khaana took the form of a hpund and headed for the Ravnsson longhouse.

There in, Uhtred played with Thyra as he had a break in his daily work. "Osbert" Khaana called standing in the doorway.  Uhtred ran to her andd grinned "you're needed, Ragnarsson wants to see you soon, out in the wood. I shall await you near the trees." Khaana said, she tried not to laugh as Uhtred's eyes sparkled a bit. "You got him to say yes?" He asked. Thyra giggled as she walked over and pet Khaana's head.

"One day I'm gonna learn to speak houndish too." She said. Khaana licked the girls cheek causing her to giggle more.

 Khaana licked the girls cheek causing her to giggle more

"Again." Ragnarsson called in a bored tone. Uhtred labded in tge dirt on his back. "Up Osbert, come on." Khaana called to him gently. Uhtred looked up at the large dog and scowled "but I cant!" He shouted sitting up on his knees "she's are too-" Uhtred's words were drowned out as Ragnarsson stiid up off of the fallen tree where he sat.

"You what?" He asked slowly approaching Uhtred, Ragnarsson took up his own shield and stood next to the kneeling boy. Ragnarsson held the shield infront of him. "An-nana" he called. Khaana lowered her large head and with a running start rammed it into the shield. Ragnarsson staggered only slightly and pushed back against the shield, holding his position.