A Slow Turn

Khaana sat in her cell her back tot he wall and her eyes closed as she rested

Khaana sat in her cell her back tot he wall and her eyes closed as she rested. she could hear familiar heavy footsteps and peeked one eye open. "You've not eaten your breakfast, which the nuns sent?" Leofric questioned. Khaana closed her eyes and hummed "you will take it to Osbert and Brida." She said.

"The girl will not eat until her release," Leofric said, Khaana chuckled, I raised her to be like the wolf warriors of Odin." Khaana thought to herself smirked, giving a wolfish grin. Leofric shuddered remembering the the hound he used to know her as. "tell her it is I who sent it, and she will." Khaana said, Leofric gave a bow of his head and went to leave.

Khaana frowned, no of course Brida would not trust his words, she sighed, she had used far to much energy to speak with them from here. Getting up she went to the bars of the cell, "Ursw-" She caught herself before she could finish and laughed inwardly "Soldier! wait!" she called. Leofric lumbered back to her, and looked down at her through the bars.

"take me to their cell, I would join them now, I have....sat at peace enough and must return to my task of guiding them." Khaana said. It was remarkable how innocent she could make her eyes look, and the man seemed to bind quickly to the guise. "Lady." he said with a another bow of his head, Leofric went to gather the keys to the cell while Khaana gathered her fur throws and the morning basket of food.

On the upper level of the prison, as Khaana would walk by Prisoners would go to the bars of their cells and watch her, they looked on at her as if she would glow at any moment. "word travels fast about this place it seems." Khaana thought to herself. "stop it Brida! let it be it is to early and I am trying to sleep!" She could year Uhtred shout. "I will not let you sleep! you will not rest until we are out of here!" Brida's voice came after.

Khaana smiled faintly, and quickened her walking speed to catch up closer with Leofric who now stood before the cell, silently opening it's door. "what are you doing? has Alfred sent for us?" Uhtred asked quickly sitting up on his floor mat. "no, Arsling, he has more important matters to see to as of yet." Leofric said, then stepping to the side he took a short glance towards Khaana "lady." he said allowing her to walk past him and into the cell.  Brida hopped up to her feet faster than a hare and rushed Khaana, leaning her forehead to the side of Khaana's head. Uhtred came after, leaning his forehead against her own.

with a amused glint in her eye, Khaana chuckled silently, "Did I not say not to worry? surely you know me well by now." she said. Brida sniffled, "if you do something like that again I'm going to get you back for it!" Brida  warned. "I'm terrified." Khaana laughed. "you should be, Brida has been on a war path all through the night." Uhtred laughed, blinking away the water from his eyes.  The trio had long stopped paying attention to Leofric who locked up and wandered away.

Khaana wrapped the fur throw around Brida's shoulders as the skin of her face was colder than that of Uhtred's. "here, and I've brought the basket the nuns sent me." Khaana said handing the basket over to Uhtred. "something, tells me is it better than what was offered to you." she added.