Forsworn

"Here is the place, small, secluded

"Here is the place, small, secluded. It should give them the sense that they've gotten the upper hand." Leofric said as he and Khaana overlooked a small pond within the woodlands. "It's not always here, your lucky, it has been more rain than usual," Leofric said before wandering off. "Do not stray too far, I am not certain on how many will come," Khaana called after him.

"I've been leading armies and planning ambushes for more years than your pagan fellows could even count, lady. I know well by now what I'm doing." Leofric replied with dry words. "just set yourself up at bait." He added stepping into the brush.

"I am not -" Khaana paused, "now you're just being difficult for difficulties sake, you dear, are very much bait, by your own design," Khaana muttered to herself, pulling her tunic over her head she dropped it to the ground and stepped in the water. The temporary pond was shallow only coming to Khaana's hips, she stooped to cover her body and started to rinse her hair out as best she could. Both highly aware of her surroundings and playing the role of unawareness.

Leofric sat down on a stump, hidden well behind a cluster of trees and bushes he had a good view of the Pond. Rubbing his neck he struggled to keep his eyes on it, He wasn't the sort who could brazenly watch a woman bathe. Getting a Wench at the tavern was one thing, this was entirely different. Still a glance or two was stolen, and it was enough to make him feel like a peep. Clearing his throat as quietly as he could, Leofric pulled an apple out of a small satchel hanging from his hip and peeled it with a dagger.

"Come now, where are you?" Khaana thought, there was very little movement around her, "maybe they trailed farther back than I thought." she murmured. Closing her eyes she turned her back to a different direction and started to hum, maybe that would help sell her as having let her guard down.

Well over ten minutes had passed, Leofric munched on the last of his apple and sighed, "they're not coming at this rate." He said, eyes scanning the area. Khaana stood and waded towards the edge of the water, grabbing her Tunic she crawled onto land and carefully pulled it over her body. As she battled with the cloth sticking to her skin, she finally heard the sound of snapping and crunch foliage.

"No sudden moves, I have not come to harm you." A voice called. Khaana cautiously pulled the tunic over herself in full and turned her attention to the lone warrior. He was young nearly a boy and looked frightened. Khaana nodded her head up to him, "who has sent a boy to track me? It is a foolish thing to do." She warned. "I've taken armies."

The boy rose his head high and stood his ground, "I am a scout of Jarl Khjartan. We fear nothing, not even-" The boy's words faltered as Khaana got to her feet and moved towards him with slow deliberate steps. "Not even?" She asked, she gestured out with her hands, "Please do finish." said Khaana.

"I am not here as a threat, my lord just wishes to save you from the Saxons. He was told Ubba took you from them, he offered Ubba silver for you to have a better life with him....it is said you were retaken by the Saxons." Said the boy.