Silver Bonds

Crickets sang in the night with the trickle of the waters

Crickets sang in the night with the trickle of the waters. Ragnarsson built a fire near the banks "this should keep you warm." He said tossing in one last log. Khaana had not said a single word since the barn. She stood at a distance with her arms folded, her dark eyes watching the water.

Ragnarsson stood behind her, he carefully rested his hands upon her shoulders and slid down her fur cloak. Remaining silent Ragnarsson placed the coat closer to the fire to warm it up. "Into the water, I will keep watch." He said. Khaana didnt say a word but entered the river.

The frigid waters felt nice against the stinging welts on her skin.

Ragnarsson glanced over his shoulder, he watched as Khaana shivered in the waters, he needed to leave for Ireland to gain his own wealth and power. Khaana was a very dangerous fruit - beautiful and  exotic, with unknown properties but poisonous if misused. The Jarls would soon be fighting over whom had the right to weild the powers she had.

Ragnarsson feared even his own father might be overtaken by the possabilitiea of the weapon she might become. So while Ragnarsson wanted to leave, how could he? Who would defend her while he was gone? With a sigh Ragnarsson pulled his tunic over his head and tossed it near Khaana's furs.

The cold of the water faded swiftly as a pair of strong arms snaked around Khaana's body. Rough lips pressed to the curve of her neck and warmth melted into her skin warming her blood, spreading across her body. Khaana exhaled, "so much for keeping watch." She muttered quickly trying to regain her composure.

Ragnarsson kissed her shoulder "haven't you eyes in the back of your head, what is there to worry about?" He murmured, using his hand to splash cooling water against the lashes on Khaana's arms.

Khaana scowled but couldn't bring herself to move away from him. Ragnarsson moved her hair to lay over her shoulders and kissed the lash on her back,   then lower. He reated his lips against the two stumps between her shoulder blades, then the four scars running parallel down her back.

Khaana shivered and swirled around to face him, causing the water to ripple around them. She needed him to stop, she hated how small he made her feel. As she glared up at him with warning Ragnarsson chuckled, cupping her face he leaned his forehead down to rest against hers.

"What has gotten into you, have you taken leave of your senses?" She asked him, her voice slightly shaken. He was too close, again. Ragnarsson closed the space between them. Khaana's heart raced at the feeling of his steadily beating heart against hers.

Ragnarsson's hand slip down Khaana's face, down her neck, across her collar bone and stopped, resting over her heart. His hand pressed softly between their chests. Khaana watched his closed eyes perplexed as he smiled a bit.

"I can feel the look on your face. Im not crazy, An-nana." He said in a soft chuckle. With his other hand he place of of her hands next to his her palm pressed to his chest. Through her palm she could feel his heart and from the back of her hand sge could feel her own heart.